1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 9:28 AM by jota_1939431

OOB key pairing support.

Hi BCM support,

By the below link I look into the hello_sensor example and copy the OOB key pairing setting in my project:

Is OOB available in SDK 2.0.1?

I am using SDK 2.1.1, assume it should be work. My added code like below:

// setup the pairing parameters.
        lesmp_setPairingParam(
        LESMP_IO_CAP_DISP_ONLY,
        LESMP_OOB_AUTH_DATA_FROM_REMOTE_PRESENT,// OOBDataFlag,
        LESMP_AUTH_FLAG_BONDING, // AuthReq,
        LESMP_MAX_KEY_SIZE,                // MaxEncKeySize,
         // InitiatorKeyDistrib,
        LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_ENC_KEY
        | LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_ID_KEY
        | LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_SIGN_KEY,
         // ResponderKeyDistrib
        LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_ENC_KEY
        | LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_ID_KEY
        | LESMP_KEY_DISTRIBUTION_SIGN_KEY
        );
        lesmp_setSMPOOBdata((UINT8*)oob_tk,LESMP_MAX_KEY_SIZE);
        lesmp_setJustWorksNotPermitted();
        lesmp_setPasskeyEntryNotPermitted();

But when I used LightBlue APP or some other PC BLE scanner applications. The device still can be connected with just work method. Is there any other settings I need to modified? Or some libraries I need to add in Makefile?

• 1. Re: OOB key pairing support.

BTW, is there any document talk about the usage of APIs related to OOB setting?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi BCM support,

Please be patient and kindly read my words. I have told that I referred the discussion thread talked about OOB. Unfortunately the last reply mentioned the same problem like me here, even he used passkey pairing method and used lesmp_setJustWorksNotPermitted(). The BCM platform still wild open to just work connection. And the code I post here is referred from hello_sensor.c but it not work.

Of course I understand that the OOB key should be exchange "Out Of Band", and then set by lesmp_setSMPOOBdata().

My problem is suppose I enabled this feature then called lesmp_setJustWorksNotPermitted() and lesmp_setPasskeyEntryNotPermitted(), the JustWork connection method shouldn't not works. BUT it did still work under OOB is enabled and lesmp_setJustWorksNotPermitted() called! Why?

1. Should I add some libraries into makefile?

2. Should I include some headers?

3. Should I call some function in proper ways?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: OOB key pairing support.
              wewu_1392881

I meet the similar issue with you, mark!

• 4. Re: OOB key pairing support.
                BoonT_56

Did you have a chance to move to SDK 2.2.1?

• 5. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi Boont,

It seems there is no SDK2.2.1 for MAC OSX host systems, and I got lots of trouble when installing SDK2.2.1 under Windows 10, I also tried using Linux but got trouble for JAVA issue.... Um...I would like to try if you can provide me the suitable SDK 2.2.1.

Thanks.

• 6. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi Boont,

After struggling through the JAVA installation, I tried SDK 2.2.1 under Linux, no luck. The device still allow JustWork connection. Things become critical now.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi BCM supports,

Please kindly test with your TAG and your example hello_sensor.c for the OOB or PassKey feature.

It seems not enough to do the code added in sensor_create() only. Looks like you should take care of smp_bonding_result(), connection_up() and encryptionChanged() functions.

But I can not find any document mention about it, please kindly ask your SDK developer ASAP. We do not like black magic.

Thanks.

• 8. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi BCM support,

Any update?

Here is what I want below:

Please provide the document about the below APIs: (No more black magic please.)

void lesmp_init(LESMP_INFO  *pinfo);

void lesmp_setPtr(LESMP_INFO  *pinfo);

void lesmp_setSMPRole(int role);

void lesmp_setPairingParam(

int  IOCapability,

int   OOBDataFlag,

int   AuthReq,

int   MaxEncKeySize,

int   InitiatorKeyDistrib,

int   ResponderKeyDistrib);

void lesmp_setPairingMode(LESMP_PAIRING_REQ *pkt );

#ifdef SMP_INITIATOR

void lesmp_calcLocalMConf(UINT8 *ptr);

void lesmp_calcMConf(UINT8 *key, UINT8 *rand);

void lesmp_verifySConf(UINT8 *key, UINT8 *rand);

int lesmp_startPairing(UINT8 *AuthReq);

void lesmp_sendPairingReq(void);

#endif

void lesmp_sendPairingRsp(void);

void lesmp_sendConfirmation(UINT8 *pkt);

void lesmp_sendLocalRand(void);

void lesmp_sendPairingFailed(int);

void lesmp_sendEncInfo( UINT8 *ltk );

void lesmp_sendMasterId( UINT8 *rand, UINT16 ediv );

void lesmp_sendIdInfo(UINT8 *irk );

void lesmp_sendIdAddrInfo(UINT8 *bdAddr, int type );

void lesmp_sendSigningInfo(UINT8 *csrk );

void lesmp_sendSecurityRequest(void);

• 9. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi BCM support,

I changed back to PASSKey feature and hope we can go smoothly, but it not. And I found it waste me a lot of time until I found the below thread:

Pairing process with Passkey not completed - (MASTER: BCM20737S, SLAVE: BCM20737S)

So I think the PassKey and OOB pairing never success with BCM20737 platform. Now I just waiting for SDK 2.2.2.

tejas.kotadia@ubnt.com: This is the problem I told you that the OOB/Passkey seems not work well in BCM20737. Now the only thing I can do is just waiting for the SDK 2.2.2.

MichaelF_56 We are almost in MP stage, if the SDK 2.2.2 does not solve the problem. We may need an on-site support for this issue.

Thanks.

• 10. Re: OOB key pairing support.
                            MichaelF_56

I will reach out to the team that manages your part of the world and see if there is a distributor that can support you.

Since it's a holiday week here in the US, SDK 2.2.2 will most likely not be released prior to Monday of next week.

• 11. Re: OOB key pairing support.
                              BoonT_56

My distributor has passed you something to try on. They will continue to work with you while we anticipate the 2.2.2 release.

henryubnt

fochc_2132071

• 12. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi Boont,

1. I just change back to use passkey for reference. The local FAE fochc_2132071 just pass me the hello_sensor.c the same as the SDK mention and  prove the Passkey half work, it isn't related to OOB key pairing problem.

2. About the passkey pairing, it is quite strange that I test the PassKey works in hello_sensor but doesn't work in my project. I used the same HW board and the same setting with PASSKEY feature. Even the BLE_PROFILE_CFG are also the same. There must be something which is a MUST beyond the PASSKEY_PAIRING macro.

• 13. Re: OOB key pairing support.

I will help you go over the code directly to see if anything is missing.henryubnt

• 14. Re: OOB key pairing support.

Hi fochc_2132071,

Thank you for supporting. Now I am trying to use OOB pairing as you mentioned:

I can see the TAG03 get the connection to the slave device but stuck at "starting pairing". Below is my test environment.

1. Set the same oob_tk in hello_sensor.c and hello_client.c, uncomment the "#define OOB_PAIRING" to make it works.

2. download the hello_client into TAG03.

3. download the hello_sensor into our target.

4. Press the TAG03 button(SW1) over 5 seconds to trigger the scanning and connection.

And then I get the connection_up but stuck at bonding. In the device message I always get "Not bonding"==> The else option I added below the "if (LESMP_PAIRING_RESULT_BONDED)" condition.

Should we add something in "hello_client.smp_info" before we call "lesmp_startPairing(NULL)"??

1 2 Previous Next