Problem configuring SAR ADC and LCD display in my CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AjSh_4344506
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on my first embedded project using the CY8CKIT-044 and had problems configuring the LCD and SAR ADC together.

My project is about temperature measurement using a thermistor and output using an LCD.

since the kit only has SAR for ADC, the datasheet shows the available ports as P2[0] to P2[6].

Now for an LCD these are my only available continuous pins as the datasheet also instructs not to span across ports.

In the image along you will see the pin layout. I require a minimum of 6 pins in a port for LCD which makes port 2 the only candidate

Capture.JPG

Does this mean I cannot use the LCD and SAR ADC at the same time using this kit?

Please help as I am unable to comprehend the datasheets any further or may be completely wrong with my understanding here.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ajit,

Port 2 pins are directly connected to SAR MUX, so can be easily routed. There are other input routing methods like through the Opamp or through the AMux BUS. If you have less number of inputs to the ADC, you can choose a pin which will be routable through the AMux directly.

pastedImage_2.png

Additionally see 20.3.2.1 Analog Routing section in the Architecture TRM

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ajit,

Port 2 pins are directly connected to SAR MUX, so can be easily routed. There are other input routing methods like through the Opamp or through the AMux BUS. If you have less number of inputs to the ADC, you can choose a pin which will be routable through the AMux directly.

pastedImage_2.png

Additionally see 20.3.2.1 Analog Routing section in the Architecture TRM

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes