EmEEPROM work in normal project, returns 0 in Bootloadable project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

When trying to use the Emulated EEPROM in a PSoC 4 device (CY8C4248LQI-BL483) data always reads back as zero. Is there incompatibility between emulated EEPROM and BLE or Bootloader or bootable stack? If so, what is the workaround for this?

When I run the EEPROM example "PSoC_EmEEPROM_PSOC401", data reads back just fine. But when I add the exact same code to my project with BLE and bootloader, reads return 0.

0 Likes
1 Solution

No that wasn't the issue.  I have seen that in the past an was aware of that.  The issue turned  out to be out the project was using an older version of the EEPROM and BLE components. Once they were updated to the latest version and did a clean rebuild of the projects, bootloader and application, flash writes began to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Mike,

Can you please refer to the below link and let us know if that helped you in resolving the issue.

Using the Emulated EEPROM Component in a Bootloadable Project - KBA89149

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

No that wasn't the issue.  I have seen that in the past an was aware of that.  The issue turned  out to be out the project was using an older version of the EEPROM and BLE components. Once they were updated to the latest version and did a clean rebuild of the projects, bootloader and application, flash writes began to work.

0 Likes