OPP, SPP function via CYBT-343026-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

There is a requriement for BLE function.  BT device(A) need to search Tag BT information(B), then send B & A information to other BT device (C). So I think OPP or SPP function may meet this requirment. Is it correct?

Could CYBT-343026-01 can realize below function? If it can realize, ezserial_343026-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release FW can meet below function or I need to custom FW by myself?

1. OPP sever & OPP client

2. SPP server & SPP client

BR

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello YaTr_3516311,

Since you asked for BLE requirement, I would suggest you to go with BLE profile itself.

You can use a custom service in BLE with a characteristic for exchanging the data over any of its following properties - read / write / notify.

You can run and test hello_sensor and hello_client example in WICED SDK to test read/write/notify properties. By this you can transfer the data.

You can configure the device as peripheral or central depending upon your application requirement.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Yes , OPP & SPP is supported on 343026. But they are not BLE profiles, they are BT Classic profiles.

Please refer to demo examples available in WICED SDK :

OPP - /20706-A2_Bluetooth/apps/demo/hci_opp_server

SPP - /20706-A2_Bluetooth/apps/snip/bt/spp ( or ) /20706-A2_Bluetooth/apps/demo/hci_audio_gateway

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Anjana,

Thank you for your response.

1. Firstly, I want to confirm that which profile meet the requirement "There is a requriement for BLE function.  BT device(A) need to search Tag BT information(B), then send B & A information to other BT device (C)." ? SPP and OPP are just my opinion. Maybe you will have other better suggestion. So I need to confirm this firstly.

2.Yes, I can see hci_opp_server in OPP. How about hci_opp_client? Can FW support hci_opp_client?

3. Yes, I can "hci_control_spp_connect", so I think this example is SPP master? Can FW support SPP slaver?

0 Likes

Hello YaTr_3516311,

Since you asked for BLE requirement, I would suggest you to go with BLE profile itself.

You can use a custom service in BLE with a characteristic for exchanging the data over any of its following properties - read / write / notify.

You can run and test hello_sensor and hello_client example in WICED SDK to test read/write/notify properties. By this you can transfer the data.

You can configure the device as peripheral or central depending upon your application requirement.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Anjana,

1. I will confirm the BLE function as your suggestion.

2. If classic profiles are OK, how about below quesion?

"Firstly, I want to confirm that which profile meet the requirement "BT device(A) need to search Tag BT information(B), then send B & A information to other BT device (C)." ? SPP and OPP are just my opinion. Maybe you will have other better suggestion. So I need to confirm this firstly."

3. How about below question?

1).Yes, I can see hci_opp_server in OPP. How about hci_opp_client? Can FW support hci_opp_client?

2). Yes, I can "hci_control_spp_connect", so I think this example is SPP master? Can FW support SPP slaver?

0 Likes

HI,

If you are using BT classic , you can use SPP for transferring data.

For the demo test , you can download both boards with  hci_audio_gateway demo project and transfer the data from one to other using Client control.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes