UART HMI Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaV_4391601
Level 1
Level 1

Dear cypress team,

I am developing application in CHIP CY8C22545-24AXI and using UART communication to exchange data between cypress and TeraTerm on PC which is working fine.

Now I would like to interface Nextion HMI screen with Cypress and remove PC. 

It looks Nextion HMI send data with FF FF FF at the end which I am not able to set as Command Terminator at cypress.

Could you please help me to read Nextion HMI to cypress chip via UART or any other better way to read data from HMI@?

Thank you,

Br,

Ram V

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Ram,

The UART User Module supports only a single byte command terminator. Hence, you will have to implement your own command buffer and parser. Meanwhile, I request you to kindly consider our PSoC4 family for your design, since the PSoC1 is a mature family.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello Ram,

It would help if you can give a link to Nextion HMI protocol.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
RaV_4391601
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sampath Selvaraj,

Please find link for Nextion HMI instruction : https://nextion.tech/instruction-set/#s1

I am using 4.3" Enhanced version display.

Br,

Ram V

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello Ram,

The UART User Module supports only a single byte command terminator. Hence, you will have to implement your own command buffer and parser. Meanwhile, I request you to kindly consider our PSoC4 family for your design, since the PSoC1 is a mature family.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes