My fx3 device works well on other computers, but there exsits a computer with win7 64 bit operating system, the PC will crash when the fx3 device connect to it. What might be the reason?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
laze_4418921
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted

My fx3 device works well on other computers, but there exsits a computer with win7 64 bit operating system, the PC will crash when the fx3 device connect to it. What might be the reason?

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

I understand that there is some issue with the driver which you are using for binding FX3 to your PC. Please try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the driver which you are using to bind FX3 to the PC.

2. Install the latest driver for FX3. This can be obtained by downloading the FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for Windows from the following link

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

3. Now connect the device to the host and then manually bind the driver by going to the location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\win7\x64

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

thank you! this problem has been well solved. And there is another problem: sometimes the device will be enumerated as usb2.0 device in usb3.0 port by PC, and it seems like depends on the port of PC and the speed connecting the device to PC. I want to ask if there is anything i can do to avoid this situation? Thanks a lot.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please go through the following link:

Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumeration - KBA222372

This contains the possible causes of enumeration related problems.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

i have tried those advice, and seems not work. the same usb3.0 port of same PC may enumerate the device as usb3.0 as usb2.0 when i plug the device into the usb port slowly. i want to know the difference between PC recognize the usb3.0 device and usb2.0 device. thanks a lot for your help.

0 Likes

Hello,

Whenever you connect FX3 to a USB 3.0 port, it will enumerate as USB 3.0 or 2.0 device depending on the arguments that you pass through the API CyU3PConnectState. This function is used to enable or disable the USB PHYs on the FX3 device and to control the connection to the USB host in that manner.

The two arguments used by the API are :

CyBool_t connect -  CyTrue to enable connection, CyFalse to disable connection.

CyBool_t ssEnable - Whether to enumerate as a SS device or FS/HS device

Depending on this API, if CyBool_t ssEnable is set to CyTrue, then FX3 will enumerate as USB3.0 device. Otherwise it will enumerate as USB 2.0 device.

Please check whether you have set CyBool_t ssEnable to CyTrue.

Also, can you please run the USBBulkSourceSink example project and send us the UART debug log?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

thank you for your help.i am sure i have set these arguments correctly. And  i don't think the problem is caused by the firmware.  i want to understand the differences between the usb2.0 device and usb3.0 device recognized by PC. and if there is any possibility that during the connection when connect time is longer than PC enumerate the device in the port, the PC will recognize device as 2.0 first(like the usb2.0 port works),and after that can't enumerate the 3.0.

0 Likes

Hello,

We understand that your firmware is correct. But loading USBBulkSourceSink example project and taking UART debug log can help us to debug the enumeration issues. So please send us the UART debug trace so that we can have a better understanding of the issue.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes