BCM920376s I2C address collision

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use an FDC1004 capacitance to digital converter with a BCM920376s module, but the FDC1004 is on i2c address 0x50, the same as the BCM920376s's eeprom. Is it possible to power down the eeprom after booting so that I can use the FDC1004? Alternatively, is there any way of getting another i2c bus? I'd prefer not to bit bang i2c...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Benjamin,

Unfortunately, this conflict exists and you will need to bit bang to address your device.

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Have you got a chance to review the "I2C_temperature_sensor"?

Is the following thread useful?

how can i use to i2c between bmi160 sensor and BCM20732?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reviewed I2C_temperature_sensor and have written applications using i2c in the past. The problem is specifically the address collision.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Benjamin,

Unfortunately, this conflict exists and you will need to bit bang to address your device.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt that it is possible to power down the eeprom in the module.  if your device had address pins then you might be able to readdress it with logic inverters, but it seems your device has the i2c address hardwired inside the chip.  I think you should look for another device which has i2c slave device address pins.  another (unattractive) option might be to put a converter chip between the BCM and the I2C that converts from UART to I2C.,, but that adds a lot of complexity to something that should be simple.  Maybe a device with a SPI interface is an option too.  Good luck.

0 Likes