Do wiced_network_up with BSSID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
agmi_3321141
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hi - Is there a way to join a network with a particular BSSID when the device starts? There is wwd_wifi_join_specific, but I am not sure if it will do all the correct initializations that wiced_network_up performs.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The sequence seems correct to me. Alternatively, if you don't want to use wwd level apis, you can try wiced_wifi_find_ap and then use wiced_join_ap_specific followed by wiced_ip_up should do the trick.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

After wwd_wifi_join_specific API, you need to add wiced_ip_up API to complete the IP related functions.

Thanks. Quick follow-up question: If I do the two calls(join_specific + ip_up) on boot-up and then leave the network with wwd_wifi_leave to join another network(another join_specific call), do I need to call wiced_ip_up upon successful rejoining, or will any IP change as a result of joining a new network be taken care of internally? If not, how to clean up correctly to call wiced_ip_up again?

0 Likes

The sequence seems correct to me. Alternatively, if you don't want to use wwd level apis, you can try wiced_wifi_find_ap and then use wiced_join_ap_specific followed by wiced_ip_up should do the trick.