Using cypress USB-C for arduino

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CeBo_4428896
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there I was thinking about a project if it is even possible, all arduino board come with old USB A, I would like to replace the USB chip on the arduino with a cypress CCG USB-contreller is that even possible ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

That is definitely possible. I think it makes use of only the 2.0 High-Speed data pair so you won't even need a flip-mux. That also means you will not need a PD controller unless you plan to operate at voltages > 5 volts.

Please have a look at this KBA on replacing existing Type-B connector with Type-C 'without PD'. The flip mux will not be needed.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

That is definitely possible. I think it makes use of only the 2.0 High-Speed data pair so you won't even need a flip-mux. That also means you will not need a PD controller unless you plan to operate at voltages > 5 volts.

Please have a look at this KBA on replacing existing Type-B connector with Type-C 'without PD'. The flip mux will not be needed.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Thanks this is useful

0 Likes