UVC - How to change the Video Control on VLC player

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi All:

I accomplished the FX3-UVC device and added the Video Control structure such as Brightness control, and it works on AMCap!

Processing Unit.jpg

Now, I need to use the VLC player by some reasons, and it's OK to execute Video Stream.

However, I CANNOT find the Video Control item such as Brightness control on the VLC player...

Could somebody give me some suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Hughes

PS. I only can find the "Maun" -> "Tools" -> "Effects and Filters", but it's not what I want...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Hughes,

Yes, you are right. I captured the usb traces and came to know that VLC Media player is not actually sending the set/get commands through Video Control interface.

You can use Veedub.exe application for controlling the video. If you want to use VLC media player, you need to change the source code accordingly.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Hughes,

Please find the attachment.

The brightness can be controlled through this (as provided by the vlc media player). We have tried changing the brightness through this, it works.

If this what you don't want, please let us know the details for your requirement. VLC media player is an open source host application. So you can customize it as per your requirements.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Dear Rashi:

Thanks for your reply!

I've tested the functions you mentioned, while thinking it's the image process by VLC player ITSELF...

I want to control the UVC - Video Control as the AN75779 document mentions:

Video Control.jpg

The AMCap or Veedub64.exe application is very easy to do that by "Video Capture Filter..." or "Capture Filter" button.

So the original VLC player don't support the Video Control ability, right?

Thank you!

Hughes

0 Likes

Hello Hughes,

Yes, you are right. I captured the usb traces and came to know that VLC Media player is not actually sending the set/get commands through Video Control interface.

You can use Veedub.exe application for controlling the video. If you want to use VLC media player, you need to change the source code accordingly.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi