Does SFLASH Encryption Disable the Serial Port Input? (CYW943907AEVAL1F)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I have a quick question: Does anyone know if enabling SFLASH encryption disables the serial port input?

When I add SECURE_SFLASH=1 into the make command, then it appears that the serial port outputs data, but no longer accepts input from the console.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried it out and saw that it was not an SDK issue because the console app worked fine when encrypted.

I did some digging and found that the problem was the way my UART RX routine was coded.  When I reverted back to wiced_uart_receive_bytes(), it worked fine with secure SFLASH enabled.  Case closed!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

did you try the command console app for the input test ?   and disable all the flow control flag like RTS/CTS .

0 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried it out and saw that it was not an SDK issue because the console app worked fine when encrypted.

I did some digging and found that the problem was the way my UART RX routine was coded.  When I reverted back to wiced_uart_receive_bytes(), it worked fine with secure SFLASH enabled.  Case closed!

0 Likes

thanks for the share..

0 Likes