Thermal resistance details of S29GL256P11FFIV20

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaM_3531551
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

We need the following details for the thermal analysis,

1. Thermal resistance to BASE

2. Thermal resistance to CASE

3. Max Junction Temperature.

Thanks,

Ramesh M

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

We do not provide the values for thermal resistance to base and thermal resistance to case for our flash devices.

However, I can tell you the Theta JA and Psi JT values which can be used to calculate the value for maximum operating junction temperature.

The Theta JA and Psi JT values for S29GL256P11FFIV20 (LAA064 - 64 ball FBGA) are -

• Theta JA - 39 °C/W
  • Psi JT - 11 °C/W

The following application mentions the formula for calculating maximum operating junction temperature value - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an201006-thermal-considerations-and-paramete...

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

We do not provide the values for thermal resistance to base and thermal resistance to case for our flash devices.

However, I can tell you the Theta JA and Psi JT values which can be used to calculate the value for maximum operating junction temperature.

The Theta JA and Psi JT values for S29GL256P11FFIV20 (LAA064 - 64 ball FBGA) are -

• Theta JA - 39 °C/W
  • Psi JT - 11 °C/W

The following application mentions the formula for calculating maximum operating junction temperature value - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an201006-thermal-considerations-and-paramete...

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes