Build error: make.exe Access Denied

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I installed the WICED-SDK 2.4.1 some months ago to develop an application for Murata SN8200, and it always worked fine. I haven't been using it for about 3 months, and now I need to work again on that application, but now I can't compile my code. It always shows a message like this:

**** Build of configuration Default for project Wiced-SDK ****

C:\Users\User\Documents\WICED\WICED-SDK-2.4.1\Wiced-SDK\make.exe clean

Access denied.

It seems to me that this is not Murata's hardware related, because it happens with whatever target I choose, I can't even make a clean. Maybe another software or service is interferring, but I don't have a clue of which one. I use the WICED IDE on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

Any ideas of what it can be?

Thank you all in advance!

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I suspected, I found out later that a service was preventing "make.exe" from being executed. I was able to find it out by rebooting Windows in safe mode. That way, this service was not initialized, so the "make.exe" program would be free to execute with no error message.

This service is one called G-Buster Browser Defense, that comes along with a security module, required to use internet banking in some banks from Brazil, like Banco do Brasil, Itaú and Santander. After removing it, I restarted Windows normally, and WICED started working once again. I already had this module installed some months before, when WICED used to work, but I suppose an update was made during those months I didn't use it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

The best way that I feel to resolve this issue is to try a newer SDK.

If you would like to use the existing SDK[2.4.1] you can try by having admin rights for the command prompt.

desktop.png

If that does not work, then I would think of using Cygwin.

Best Regards,

AB

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to try a newer SDK, but this hardware I'm using only has support to WICED 2.4.1. Also, I tried using admin rights, but to no avail.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try with Cygwin?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can, but then I think I won't be able to use WICED IDE.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may work. Try with the latest IDE and import the WICED-SDK-2.4.1 into it.

The new IDE can be found :-

WICED Software Development Kit 3.3.1

Check out the IDE.

How to Import the 2.4.1 SDK?

Step1.png

Leave the Project Name empty and browse to the folder in which the 2.4.1 SDK is located.

Step2.png

You should be able to see the project and hopefully compile it using the IDE.

Best Regards,

Ab

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this works, I'm downloading the latest IDE you pointed out. But if I'm about to import the old SDK, I suppose the IDE will call the same "make.exe", which is causing the problem. Let's see..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the new IDE, but I couldn't even open it, an error about Java appeared.

Well, I have to leave, now. Tomorrow I'll keep trying, thanks for all!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I suspected, I found out later that a service was preventing "make.exe" from being executed. I was able to find it out by rebooting Windows in safe mode. That way, this service was not initialized, so the "make.exe" program would be free to execute with no error message.

This service is one called G-Buster Browser Defense, that comes along with a security module, required to use internet banking in some banks from Brazil, like Banco do Brasil, Itaú and Santander. After removing it, I restarted Windows normally, and WICED started working once again. I already had this module installed some months before, when WICED used to work, but I suppose an update was made during those months I didn't use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Thanks for sharing the cause of the problem.

It will be useful for other users.

Best Regards,

AB