Capsense false detection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I have a custom board where I see false touch detection on capsense only when I enter deep sleep between scans.  I set a MCWDT timer for every 50ms to do a capsense scan.  It works if I don't enter deep sleep during the 50ms.  Why does going to deep sleep cause false detection and what can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello JeHu_3414236

I have attached a sample project for your reference. You can observe that there are no false triggers even when the device wakes up from deep sleep. Please make sure that you are using a similar flow in your project as well.

Thanks and regards

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hari

Hello JeHu_3414236

Can you please let me know the device that you are using and if the project is developed in PSoC Creator or Modus toolbox?

If possible, please share your project as well.

Thanks and regards

Hari

0 Likes

I am using PSoC62 with PSoC Creator 4.2.  I uploaded my project in support case 00520692 for a different problem.  The project just has the creator hardware configuration.  I am exporting the pack to a Keil project which I did not upload the application code for.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hari

Hello JeHu_3414236

I have attached a sample project for your reference. You can observe that there are no false triggers even when the device wakes up from deep sleep. Please make sure that you are using a similar flow in your project as well.

Thanks and regards

Hari

0 Likes

Thanks. I will try this.

0 Likes