CYW43907 Video Streaming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OlKa_3358896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi. I have project with CYW43907 and STM32 for RTSP/RTP video streaming. Video data comes from STM32 by SDIO. Then JPEG frame send to smartphone over UDP socket. By I have some lags. I find that allocation new UDP packet (wiced_packet_create_udp_no_wait) sometimes has long duration.

I use FreeRTOS+LwIP combo. Maybe someone can give me advice how optimize memory allocation for real time streaming?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

While we have not tested/evaluated CYW43907 for video application, if you want to optimize memory allocation, you can consider using XIP to free up some RAM. There is a helpful blog post on the same available here XIP support in CYW4390x . Please note that xip has not been fully tested for all applications. Also you can use mallinfo to measure memory allocation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

While we have not tested/evaluated CYW43907 for video application, if you want to optimize memory allocation, you can consider using XIP to free up some RAM. There is a helpful blog post on the same available here XIP support in CYW4390x . Please note that xip has not been fully tested for all applications. Also you can use mallinfo to measure memory allocation.

I think problem with physical level of transmision. Because Soft AP work on 802.11 g protocol with maximum speed 54 MB/s. I tried enable 802.11 n protocol support, but unsuccessfully.

Any suggestion how to get best performance from 802.11g protocol?  Does CYW43907 support 802.11n protocol in Soft AP interface?

0 Likes

CYW43907 supports 802.11n mode in soft AP. Please use the API wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode(WICED_AP_INTERFACE,WICED_HT_MODE_HT20) to enable HT20 mode.

Return result WICED_WLAN_UPSUPPORTED.

It is my code:

wiced_init();

wiced_interface_t interface = WICED_AP_INTERFACE;

result = wiced_network_up(interface,

WICED_USE_INTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER,

&device_init_ip_settings);

wiced_wifi_down();

result = wiced_wifi_set_ht_mode(interface, WICED_HT_MODE_HT20);

printf("Set HT mode Res %d\n", result);

wiced_wifi_up();

/* Bring up the network interface */

result = wiced_network_up(interface,

WICED_USE_INTERNAL_DHCP_SERVER,

&device_init_ip_settings);

0 Likes

Please refer to this thread Re: How to set CYW43907 to 802.11n? They used wwd_wifi_set_11n_support() to enable 11n support.