CY8CMBR311X standby current consumption

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sula_4495386
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

what is the actual standby current (lowest )consumption of device CY8CMBR311X ? I am thinking to run the device with battery for 2 years in one device .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Sula_4495386

Whenever the device is scanning in look-for touch mode, the current consumption will be higher. When the device enters deep sleep condition, the current consumption will be 2.5uA. This can be configured by I2C. Once the device enters deep sleep, it wakes up on the I 2C address match event; NACKs the first I 2C command, and then enters the Look-for-Touch mode.

Best regards
Hari

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Hari

Hi sula_4495386

The deep sleep current consumption (with I2C ON) is 2.5 uA.

The average current consumption when sensors are active at 1.8V is 22uA per sensor.

Thanks and regards

Hari

Hi Hari
Thanks for info.

That's lot if i have to use around 12 sensors on.

There is nice operational states / transitions diagram in the data sheet page 30.

If i understood correctly Look for touch (T) would work as sensor under extreme deep sleep . Once we activate it , then all sensors are in active state.

My question is what is the deep sleep current / standy current for this Look for touch , will it be for all sensors?

Best Regards
Suresh

0 Likes
Hari

Hi Sula_4495386

Whenever the device is scanning in look-for touch mode, the current consumption will be higher. When the device enters deep sleep condition, the current consumption will be 2.5uA. This can be configured by I2C. Once the device enters deep sleep, it wakes up on the I 2C address match event; NACKs the first I 2C command, and then enters the Look-for-Touch mode.

Best regards
Hari

Hi Hari,

Thanks again for info.

What numbers , are we talking about for Look for touch mode (let's say scan period of 400ms and 10 touch per hour) ? Somewhere in datasheet, i found Look for touch is very similar to active with less scan period, but it has less current consumption because it enables low power consumption in no touch activity.

It seems that only processor / host can wake up device from deep sleep mode not by sensor

Best Regards,
    Suresh

0 Likes
Hari

Hi Sula_4495386

- It seems that only processor / host can wake up device from deep sleep mode not by sensor.

Yes. This is correct. Only the host can initiate the MBR device to enter sleep mode and only upon I2C address match from the host, the device wakes up.

You can refer the MBR3 design toolbox, Cp, power consumption calculator to check how much current will be consumed. Even for the look-for-touch mode, the current consumption will be 22uA per sensor.

Link: https://www.cypress.com/file/46361/download

Thanks and regards

Hari

0 Likes