PUART not receiving any data during debug (using the BCM92073X_LE_KIT)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody,

I have another problem with the development kit. I use an application that I already tested on a BCM920737S device, so I know that the PUART was working. But now on the demo board, that I bought for debugging, the PUart does only send data. I can receive the data on PC side via a terminal. But if I try to send data the chip will neither stop at the byteReceivehook nor during the application callback where I check the receive buffer state also.

Is the puart working both ways on the demo board?`

Thanx in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found my mistake!!!

The program I ran was taken from a BCM92737S device. Here the PUart is on Pins 2 and 0. So the p_uart_selectUartPads was still configuring those pins but not P33 and P32....

I changed that and everything works fine now....

thank you for your help. (Bad if the mistake sits a feet away from the monitor...)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Why don't you try the sample "puart_control" app within the SDK on the tag3 board?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

...hmm... yes I'll try that.

But I have the feeling it might have something to do with the dip-switches on the board. Do they all have to be "on" or "off"? (SW2 has to be off to start the flashed program...I'm aware of that).

0 Likes

To program the download, ensure all dip-switches on SW4 are ON, and SW2 and SW3 are in the correct positions.

After download, the application will be running. Refer to QSG-202 in the folder "Doc" within the IDE for more details.

tag3_pix.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. This is schematic from the datasheet:

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

Notice how No.2 on SW4 is for UP_RX and for RXD_EXT?

Have No.2 ON when you are downloading apps, and have No.2 OFF when you using PUART in the application.

So can you check this and try it again?

James

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I advanced a little bit with this issue. The configuration of the terminal was not right. I have to use RTS/CTS + XON/XOFF.

I turned this on and suddenly the FTDI forwarded the telegram to the Broadcom chip (at least I see the telegram with an oscilloscope on P33). But the broadcom is still no jumping into any receive interrupt nor do I ever see received data during the application call back (done by the fine timer).

A cycling hw_timer callback transmits data without any problems (via puart_print()...) and sleep is disabled...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found my mistake!!!

The program I ran was taken from a BCM92737S device. Here the PUart is on Pins 2 and 0. So the p_uart_selectUartPads was still configuring those pins but not P33 and P32....

I changed that and everything works fine now....

thank you for your help. (Bad if the mistake sits a feet away from the monitor...)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the feedback Daniel.

Regards

Dave