How to send WICED command from host that will connect headset app for audio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EtSt_4101021
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware is 343026-01 running the headset app demo.

I'm trying to use the WICED uart (via external mcu host) to force a connection to a device with a specified mac address (phone in this case).  Can someone help me figure out the correct command to use for this?  I've tried the CONNECT commands in the HF, AUDIO, AUDIO_SINK, and AVRC_CONTROLLER groups, with the mac address of the phone as the payload, but none of these seem to work.  Are there multiple commands that I need to send? 

Right now I'm just trying to connect for media audio a device that is already paired, but ultimately I would like to send commands that would pair AND connect for audio a device with a specified mac address.  What is the process?

Thanks,

Ethan

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Ethan,

I hope your requirement is you want to initiate a connection from headset (343026) to phone. Am I correct?

Some phones will not automatically reconnect to BT devices. You can initiate a connection from the device to the phone. Even if you just issue A2DP connect, the phone will establish connections over other profiles.

Please refer to Audio Sink Connect or Audio Connect command in WICED HCI UART Control Protocol pdf in WICED SDK. Attached the same.

Please check if this will help your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Ethan,

I hope your requirement is you want to initiate a connection from headset (343026) to phone. Am I correct?

Some phones will not automatically reconnect to BT devices. You can initiate a connection from the device to the phone. Even if you just issue A2DP connect, the phone will establish connections over other profiles.

Please refer to Audio Sink Connect or Audio Connect command in WICED HCI UART Control Protocol pdf in WICED SDK. Attached the same.

Please check if this will help your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

yes, that's correct.  I've tried both the Audio Sink and Audio sink connect commands with the phone MAC as the payload, but they don't seem to work.

Could I be running into some sort of security issue?  I notice that when I initiate connection via my phone, I get an 'encryption change status event' message over the hci uart, where the first byte in the payload is 0 and the remaining seven bytes are the phone MAC address

0 Likes

Do you have any HCI logs or over the air logs of the test to figure out what is the error ?

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi Ethan,

Is this issue fixed? I'm curious to know what was the issue.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes