Cypress FX3 device testing in linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am using Cypress FX3, I need to use the control center utility in linux PC.

So I downloaded the the files from the link provided in the cypress discussion https://www.cypress.com/comment/384661

I followed the instructions given in README document, below error occurred when I run "cyusb_linux".

error in config file /etc/cyusb.conf:

Cypress_Utility_Error.PNG

I have attached screen shot for the error and the cyusb.conf file.

Let me know, What step I am missing ?

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for the support, I tested with the link provided by you. And I am able to communicate with FX3 device using the UI. It is working.

If anything is needed, I will post.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Linux platforms I used for above testing are:

1. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 64-bit, Kernel version- 4.15.0-55-generic

2. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 64-bit, Kernel version- 3.16.0-77-generic

In both the systems I got the same error.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Prasannakumar,

- Please download the SDK from this website:  https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

- Next you can follow the steps mentioned in the Using the FX3 SDK on Linux platform

- Please check the pre-requisites mentioned in this document. (Please follow the same installation path)

- In cy_usb_linux_1.0.5, follow the readme file (pre-reqisites) (refer attachment)

- I have attached the snippets of the installation process (please check)

From the snippet you shared, i found that the in the execution of ./install.sh there is error: shared library (libusb.so) is not found. This is generated when "make" is executed. Please confirm (refer attachment)

The attachments are from: Ubuntu 14.04.1

Kernel version: 4.2.0.42-generic

Please let me know if any other queries

Regards

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for the info, I will test with the new link you provided by you and I will let you know the outcome.

Please find my comments below.

From the snippet you shared, i found that the in the execution of ./install.sh there is error: shared library (libusb.so) is not found. This is generated when "make" is executed. Please confirm (refer attachment)

-->(Prasanna) This error generated when I executed "cyusb_linux". Not during "make"

I gave "ldconfig" command, above error got resolved, And I ended up in error in config file /etc/cyusb.conf:

Best Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for the support, I tested with the link provided by you. And I am able to communicate with FX3 device using the UI. It is working.

If anything is needed, I will post.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes