CYBT-413034-EVAL EZ-BT Issues with WICED STUDIO V6.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaKe_4273421
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Internet,

I had previous success developing the CYBT-413034-EVAL EZ-BT module with WICED STUDIO V6.2.1. I recently decided to do a clean update to WICED STUDIO V6.4. I noticed that the CYBT-413034-EVAL platform seems to be natively supported in V6.4 meaning that I did not need to follow chaitanyav_41 document "WICED Studio: Platform Files for CYBT-413034-EVAL – KBA223746" to add the updated platfrom files as previosuly was required. So that is nice... But here is the issue. No matter what test snip that I try to make for the CYBT-413034-EVAL the board doesn't seem to run. For example if you attempt to make the target "snip.bt.spp-CYBT_413034_EVAL download" the program will compile, and even upload to the board and it will say in the Console that the application is running but the Bluetooth module does not broadcast the SPP TEST that it should.

After further testing it seems that none of the test snips for the CYBT-413034-EVAL seem to actually work in this new V6.4 WICED STUDIO version. They all seem to compile and upload to the board just fine but they don't seem to actually begin running.

Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be great.

I have since reinstalled WICED STUDIO V6.2.1 and I am back up an running in the meantime.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Martin,

Currently there is some issue with WICED 6.4 for CYW20719 based modules as reported in similar threads like BugS Report: WICED6.4.0/Missing files  , WICED 6.4 and CYBT_423028_EVAL Platform files .

This will be fixed in next WICED release. Till then please use WICED6.2.1 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Martin,

Currently there is some issue with WICED 6.4 for CYW20719 based modules as reported in similar threads like BugS Report: WICED6.4.0/Missing files  , WICED 6.4 and CYBT_423028_EVAL Platform files .

This will be fixed in next WICED release. Till then please use WICED6.2.1 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes