A2DP source (bluetooth audio transmitter, 'apps/demo/watch')

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi team Cypress,

I'd like to understand how mature / well tested the code example for A2DP source is?

Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox/CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01/apps/demo/watch at master · cypresssemico...

- Any products on the market that uses this bt audio source stack?

- Any lists of sinks that is supported? I've seen on other BT audio source products that they have issues with some newer BT headphones incl. apple Airpod 2's

Thanks David

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi David,

The Watch example is developed for demo purpose. It's tested for all base functions listed in the example.

A2DP source is tested and verified for all base functions like playing the sine wave hardcoded in the application, streaming data input from Client control, from UART etc. Audio Play, pause, stop , disconnect , reconnect , volume controls are also tested and verified.

For this query, you may better contact our Cypress local FAEs or Marketing team.

- Any lists of sinks that is supported? I've seen on other BT audio source products that they have issues with some newer BT headphones incl. apple Airpod 2's

I am sorry, we don't have the list. However we had tested airpods (not recently) as well.  In general, it should work with any A2DP sink.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi David,

The Watch example is developed for demo purpose. It's tested for all base functions listed in the example.

A2DP source is tested and verified for all base functions like playing the sine wave hardcoded in the application, streaming data input from Client control, from UART etc. Audio Play, pause, stop , disconnect , reconnect , volume controls are also tested and verified.

For this query, you may better contact our Cypress local FAEs or Marketing team.

I am sorry, we don't have the list. However we had tested airpods (not recently) as well.  In general, it should work with any A2DP sink.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes

thanks Anjana

0 Likes