EmEEPROM shared by both Bootloader and Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrSo_4458906
Level 1
Level 1
Code Expert

Hello,

I'm using PSoC4100S family micro-controller (CY8C4146LQI-S422T). I'm trying to share EmEEPROM between Bootloader and Application. I would want both Bootloader and application to be able to read/write this shared memory area. Can somebody help me get a reference project to do this?

Are there any constraints here?

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please refer to the  below thread and let us know if you have any queries.

Sharing data between bootloader and application 

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Thanks for sharing the link. But I don't think it is answering my question completely.

Here, I would like to use EmEEPROM rather than directly wring to a specific memory address using Flash write APIs. What should be the memory address to be assigned to EmEEPROM here? Because, the memory address selected for EmEEPROM should not overwrite the flash locations corresponding to Bootloader and application?

It would be very helpful if you could share an example project.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes

Hi,

We do not have any example code as of now, we are working on it and will be get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi,

We are working on the example and we noticed that sharing EmEEPROM module between bootloader and bootloadable will give error while building.

So, you have to use flashwrite directly if you want to share memory between bootloader and bootloadable.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes