What is the Default Application in BCM20737S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This is a very simple question.

We bought BCM20737S chip and soldered it on the board. We didn't program our application into this chip. After powering it up, we can detect BLE signal from this chip, so it means this chip has already been programmed by a default application. Now we have override the EEPROM with our own application, so can anybody tell me what is the default application in BCM20737S? Is it the "Proximity" application in WICED IDE?

I remember I have saw a post telling this somewhere but I really can't find it anymore.

Thanks

Jingdong

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe the application programmed onto the part at the factory is Hello_Sensor.

nsankar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe the application programmed onto the part at the factory is Hello_Sensor.

nsankar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mwf_mmfae,

I remember device name was either Proximity or Hello Sensor but I am not sure. Now it is clear that the default application is Hello Sensor.

Thanks

Jingdong

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I remember seeing Hello_Sensor on a new chip.  I think if you have Light Blue installed on a phone, you can see details about who is advertising and what services and characteristics there are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not exactly hello_sensor but similar. It is a ble loopback application that is used for RF testing. However no assumptions should be made on this application other than to test that the module you got has working hardware. It is expected that this application would be reprogrammed on your unit. Plus this application can change at any time in the factory as necessary for RF testing.