Inconsistent Information in PSoC 5LP Datasheet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KuSa_4457291
Level 1
Level 1

The PSoC 5LPdatasheet (Document Number: 001-84932 Rev. *M) shows VDDD supplied to pin  88 on the 100 pin TQFP but not on pin 37 (page 10).  The internal diagram shows them to be connected internally (pg 27), but I need to know if I am supposed to supply VDDD to both pins or if I have the option of only supplying power to one pin or the other.  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi KuSa_4457291

As mentioned in the PSoC 5LP Family Datasheet (Document Number: 001-84932 Rev. *M) Page No 9 -

1. The 2 VDDD pins (pin 37 and 88) need to be connected together externally and to the supply. You can also refer to 'Figure 2-6. Example PCB Layout for 100-pin TQFP Part for Optimal Analog Performance'. Both the pins - 37 and 88 is connected externally and to the VDDD supply.

2. The 2 VCCD pins (pin 39 and 86) must also be connected together externally with the trace between them as short as possible and a 1uF capacitor to VSSD. For further details refer to 'Section 3. Pin Descriptions' on Page 12 in the document.

Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KuSa_4457291

The internal diagram on Page 27 is a symbolic representation. Both pin 88 and pin 37 needs to be connected to VDDD supply.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Thank you for the quick response. Do you agree that the diagram on page 27 should be changed to add the connection to VDDD supply to pin 37? I think pin 39 has the same issue – It needs a connection to VCCD supply as well.

Thanks,

KS

0 Likes

Disregard that comment about pin 39 - I am not intending to power those externally - but do I need to connect both VCCD pins 39 and 86 to a 1uF cap, or just one of them?  Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi KuSa_4457291

As mentioned in the PSoC 5LP Family Datasheet (Document Number: 001-84932 Rev. *M) Page No 9 -

1. The 2 VDDD pins (pin 37 and 88) need to be connected together externally and to the supply. You can also refer to 'Figure 2-6. Example PCB Layout for 100-pin TQFP Part for Optimal Analog Performance'. Both the pins - 37 and 88 is connected externally and to the VDDD supply.

2. The 2 VCCD pins (pin 39 and 86) must also be connected together externally with the trace between them as short as possible and a 1uF capacitor to VSSD. For further details refer to 'Section 3. Pin Descriptions' on Page 12 in the document.

Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes