FM25W256-G Power dissipation required

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViA_4467771
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

We are using "FM25W256-G" in our design.We require power dissipation of this ic under typ,min and max conditions for thermal analysis.Also require "RθJB-Thermal resistance between Junction to Board" which is not available in the datasheet.Kindly help us to get the same asap.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

You can use the Pd = VDD * IDD formula to calculate power dissipation of the device. For example if typical VDD is applied to the IC the max current consumption at 1 MHz is 0.25 mA. So max power dissipation at this voltage will be

Pd = 3.3 * 0.25 = 0.825 mW

Similarly you can calculate Pd at other voltages(min, max).

You can also measure the current consumption at the supply pin and calculate power dissipation as an alternative. 

Let me check for the RQJB value internally.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

You can use the Pd = VDD * IDD formula to calculate power dissipation of the device. For example if typical VDD is applied to the IC the max current consumption at 1 MHz is 0.25 mA. So max power dissipation at this voltage will be

Pd = 3.3 * 0.25 = 0.825 mW

Similarly you can calculate Pd at other voltages(min, max).

You can also measure the current consumption at the supply pin and calculate power dissipation as an alternative. 

Let me check for the RQJB value internally.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

ViA_4467771
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

Thank you for your response Pradipta. Please let me know the Junction to Board RQJB asap.That would be of great help & please let me know why RQJB data is not mentioned in the datasheet?

Regards,

Vishal.A

0 Likes

Hi Vishal,

We only mention the Theta Ja and Theta Jc parameter in the datasheet for the product line. That is how it was composed.

The theta Jb for the part will be 135 C/W.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

ViA_4467771
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

May i know the parts maximum Junction temperature Tj ?

0 Likes

Hi,

The TJmax = Maximum Junction temperature. This is the maximum temperature that the device tolerates to guarantee
reliable operation. The system designer needs to ensure that T
J < TJmax to guarantee reliability.

For FRAM it is 125 C.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes