unable to detect cypress cy7c68013 (used in analog device eval board) using cyusb.dll

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kj_4414766
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i am unable to detect cypress cy7c68013 (used in analog device eval board) using cyusb.dll using custom C# application.(unable to detect cyusb device arrival, removal...)

I have tried bulkloop project from cypress by editing device VID and PID but it says no device detected.

Analog device use ADI_cyusb_usb4.dll but the dll is not for .net environment and they suggest that i shall use cyusb.dll as their dll is not for custom use

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The device which you are using can be recognized by CyControl application only if its bound to cyusb3 driver.

Since your device has a custom VID and PID which is not from cypress you can not bind it to cyusb3.

If you are able to change the VID/PID of the device you can change it to FX2LP boot loader VID/PID mentioned in the cyusb3.inf and manually bind it using the update driver option.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please check in the device manager. What is FX2LP enumerating as? Can you please let me know the VID and PID with which the device is enumerating.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hello,

Please check if the device is bound to cyusb3.sys driver from the device manage->properties of the device -> driver tab -> driver details

Refer to below image:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

what will be the next step

best wishes

0 Likes

Hello,

The APIs provided will only communicate with the devices bound to cyusb3.sys driver. You can check this using CyControl.exe.

This utility will list all the devices that are connected to cyusb3.sys.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

hi

I used CyControl.exe but able to detect only HID(human interface devices only)

as you can see below the devices bound to ADI_CYUSB.sys  .Please how can i make the evaluation board to recognize cypress cyusb.sys

Best wishes

0 Likes

Hello,

The device which you are using can be recognized by CyControl application only if its bound to cyusb3 driver.

Since your device has a custom VID and PID which is not from cypress you can not bind it to cyusb3.

If you are able to change the VID/PID of the device you can change it to FX2LP boot loader VID/PID mentioned in the cyusb3.inf and manually bind it using the update driver option.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes