CYUSB3314 individual Port Power control i2c Code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaKu_4461091
Level 1
Level 1

I am searching for i2c code when cyusb3314 is in slave mode and I can configure individual port power control ,Please share Linux i2c sample code

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

No you can update the settings to RAM directly. The steps should be as follows-

1. An I2C master (any embedded controller) should write the firmware and configuration to HX3 in I2C slave boot mode.

2. The configuration and firmware to be loaded can be saved in a file using Blaster Plus Utility or you could send as bytes too.

3. If the firmware and configuration written is correct format, hub will load it into RAM and automatically enumerate on the host.

Please refer to the KBA for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

-An external I2C master should load the configuration in I2C slave boot mode when it is powered on as HX3 cant be configured on the fly.

-The I2C configuration can be set in I2C slave mode format using Blaster Plus Utility(please refer to Section 3.3.4) available for Windows.The configuration can then be loaded by a I2C master when connected to Linux PC.

We however dont have any sample code to set the configuration on Linux.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

So does it means to configure the HX3 The only way is,

1) First I have to change the device to I2C slave boot mode,

2) Then update the Firmware and configurations on external EEPROM ,

3) Then revert the i2c slave boot mode and restart the DVK.

So I can't update the required settings only, from HX3 hub RAM

0 Likes

Hello,

No you can update the settings to RAM directly. The steps should be as follows-

1. An I2C master (any embedded controller) should write the firmware and configuration to HX3 in I2C slave boot mode.

2. The configuration and firmware to be loaded can be saved in a file using Blaster Plus Utility or you could send as bytes too.

3. If the firmware and configuration written is correct format, hub will load it into RAM and automatically enumerate on the host.

Please refer to the KBA for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes