Communicate with CYW920819 using uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
llll_2991886
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

Hi,

I want to communicate with cyw920819evb using uart.

1. can I use the puart? What's the different between puart and hci uart?

2. What function should I call to getChart from Rx pin? It seems I can output chars by calling function WICED_BT_TRACE

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi llll_2991886​,

1. HCI UART is used for programming the device as well as to see the debug traces if configured so in application. PUART is used to see the UART logs.

2. Yes you can use WICED_BT_TRACE() to print the characters on screen.

I would suggest you to go through GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class.​ This will help you understand functionality and more details about the product.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi llll_2991886​,

1. HCI UART is used for programming the device as well as to see the debug traces if configured so in application. PUART is used to see the UART logs.

2. Yes you can use WICED_BT_TRACE() to print the characters on screen.

I would suggest you to go through GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class.​ This will help you understand functionality and more details about the product.

The documents you provided is very useful, thank you so much!

One more question, can the board work in master mode?  Once the power is off, the firwware loaded to the board doesn't work anymore.

0 Likes

By master mode you mean peripheral or spi master? Please elaborate.

0 Likes