CCG6 SS Mux

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaHo_3246171
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm switching away from CCG1 because the part I was using is NRND.  I am planning to switch to the CCG6.  My implementation is a fairly simple device, so my previous implementation was based on the CY4501 Client board schematic.  This had a SuperSpeed mux controlled by the CCG1 via 2 GPIO ('Output Enable' and 'Select').  I haven't found the information on how to connect and configure the CCG6 for such operation.  The schematics and notes that I see are all for Notebook applications where the SS mux is controlled via I2C and is much more complicated than I need (thunderbolt etc).

How do I control the SuperSpeed Mux via GPIO (i.e. what pins do I hook up)?  Where do I find this information?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The firmware needs modifications based on the MUX and configurations needed.

Since you are using  a MUX in place of a cross point switch. Please modify and replace the respective part of the code with the required functionality.

EZ-PD configuration Utility is used to alter the configuration parameters. You need to add a GPIO and describe the functionality using PSOC creator.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can use GPIOs available as select lines to the MUX. CCG2 and later EVKs use Crosspoint Switch for switching between the lines for different configurations of display port (eg: 2 lane or 4 lane).

Please note that there are no EVK or reference designs for CCG6.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

Thank you for the response and for verifying my assumption that I can tie one of the GPIO as a select line to the Mux.

My assumption is that the ‘EZ-PD Configuration Utility’ has the ability to set this up, but maybe only on a subset of the GPIO. So which one do I select? Also, what configuration settings do I need to use to select the GPIO?

If my assumption is not correct then I suppose I must use the EZ-PD SDK and modify the code to suit my design. This I was hoping to avoid.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes

Hello,

The firmware needs modifications based on the MUX and configurations needed.

Since you are using  a MUX in place of a cross point switch. Please modify and replace the respective part of the code with the required functionality.

EZ-PD configuration Utility is used to alter the configuration parameters. You need to add a GPIO and describe the functionality using PSOC creator.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Ok, thanks for the support Yatheesh.

0 Likes