CYBLE-212020-01 schematics and programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just bought a CYBLE-212020-01 which I am planning to put on a custom PCB and I would like some help to get started. I started to read through the documentation that prompted some early question.

Is there an eagle library so that I can start designing the PCB?

Once the PCB is designed, can I use a regular FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter instead of buying an eval kit?

If yes, do I need to hook TX/RX only or I need CTS/RTS as well?

Once hooked up, what software I need to use to be able to program the chip?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no eagle library available for the chip. There are dimensions of all of the necessary pads and component sizes/keepout dimensions, etc. in the datasheet.

The chip requires programming through the use of the XRES, CLK, and I/O pins (with ground/voltage powering as well). This uses a protocol for programming the chip, and the easiest way would be to buy a Miniprog3 or some other chip programmer specified to be able to program cypress chips. Here is a document on the details of doing it yourself if you so choose: http://www.cypress.com/file/125271/download

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Can you check the dimensions given in the datasheet? Will that be helpful?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no eagle library available for the chip. There are dimensions of all of the necessary pads and component sizes/keepout dimensions, etc. in the datasheet.

The chip requires programming through the use of the XRES, CLK, and I/O pins (with ground/voltage powering as well). This uses a protocol for programming the chip, and the easiest way would be to buy a Miniprog3 or some other chip programmer specified to be able to program cypress chips. Here is a document on the details of doing it yourself if you so choose: http://www.cypress.com/file/125271/download

0 Likes
David_Zhang
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Arrow(GC)
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

hi  Epr:

i have the same issue about it, due to  CYBLE-212020-01 module has a lot uart ,  which one is the  default uart interface for default firmware, which uart should connect to host mcu? if it's ok of CH430 USB to uart tools;  

2、 when i  use miniprog3 swd interface to download firmware of module, in the programmer , it can't find  CYBLE-212020-01 in it,  which one should i choose??

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes