A2DP sink and source Audio route

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VaPa_4086226
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to support both A2DP Source and A2DP Sink roles on the same BT module(Cypress chip-CYW20706). We managed to connect Phone to sink application and source application to bt speaker. We are trying to route audio between the a2dp source and sink application through MCU. We are using I2S interface to send audio from the MCU to BT module.

It would be a great help if anyone could provide us the solution for the below queries:

1. Can we initialize separate audio buffer for both source and sink application? or if there is another way in which we can differentiate between the audio samples for both applications?

2. Is there any way we can get access to the I2S interface in the application? So that we route the I2S data to any of the source or sink application at the same time

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi VaPa_4086226​,

Just to be clear, are you using only one CYW20706 device which is acting as both A2DP sink and source at same time?

If yes,

1. No you cannot initialize different audio buffers for both application as our buffers are common for both. You cannot differentiate between the audio samples for both.

2. You can configure the device as I2S master or slave in your application (please check A2DP_sink app implementation) but we have not implemented both sink & source on one device as of now. So unfortunately, we cannot guide you regarding the implementation you are looking for.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi VaPa_4086226​,

Just to be clear, are you using only one CYW20706 device which is acting as both A2DP sink and source at same time?

If yes,

1. No you cannot initialize different audio buffers for both application as our buffers are common for both. You cannot differentiate between the audio samples for both.

2. You can configure the device as I2S master or slave in your application (please check A2DP_sink app implementation) but we have not implemented both sink & source on one device as of now. So unfortunately, we cannot guide you regarding the implementation you are looking for.

Hi SheetalJ_96

Thanks for the reply .

0 Likes