PSOCcreator programmer error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiBA_1125241
Level 1
Level 1

Following the installation of PSoc Creator 4.2, I have an error when I try to program the target:

Error: dbg.M0023: There was an error while programming the device: failed to reacquire the device

I use MiniProg3 Ver 3.05 which worked very well  with PSoc Creator 4.1.

If I use the PSoC Programmer 3.28.4 program directly, the programming is done correctly.

In PSoC Creator access to the Select menu and its sub-menus is very long, see requires stopping the program by the Windows task manager?

I'm working under Windows 7 Pro SP1.

What can be done to make the programmer work under PSoc Creator 4.2?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi GiBA_1125241​,

During programming of the target device the chip first enters Internal Reset mode. After this the system boot code starts execution from the SROM. The CPU then waits for up to a duration of 400 us before which the SWD port of the target needs to be acquired by sending a sequence of SWD commands. The recommended minimum frequency of the programmer is 1.5 MHz, which meets the timing requirement of the Acquire Device step.

For more information regarding Acquire Device step in the Programming Flow Algorithm refer Section 4.3 'Step 1A – Acquire the Chip After Hard Reset' in Page 19 of 'CY8C4xxx, CYBLxxxx Programming Specifications' document -

https://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

The clock speed settings can be found here and needs to be changed to 1.6 MHz -

Tools >> Options >> Program/Debug >> Port Configuration >> MiniProg3

pastedImage_0.png

Also please share the details of the target device that you are currently working on.

Thanks,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GiBA_1125241

The issue seems to be with the port acquisition. PSoC Creator is not able to acquire the port because the port might be acquired by PSoC programmer. So could you please try closing all the programs such as PSoC programmer, Bridge Control Panel etc., and try programming the device only using the PSoC Creator.

Thanks,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello,

That's what I've been doing since the beginning, but it does not solve anything.

Thanks,

Gil BANGUET

0 Likes
SaBh_294166
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Try this, unplug your MiniProg3 tool from your PC -> wait 5-10 seconds -> attach the MiniProg3 again to your PC so that it is enumerated.

Now try to run using PSoC Creator to flash your PSOC. Does that work for you? If yes, then some other application in your box is hooking into the MiniProg3 tool and therefore the tool cannot be used by PSoC Creator at the same time.

0 Likes

No, it doesn't work.

PSoC Creator messages are :

Select ...,  Programming,

and 30s later Error programming :  ... .dbg.M0023

Gil BANGUET

0 Likes

Please see here and post your status:

error: dbg.M0023: CCG3PA programming in PSOC creator

0 Likes

I did all these things 3 days ago.

Obviously the problem comes from PSoC Creator under Windows 7.

0 Likes

Will test tommorow in the lab. Have the ccg3pa evk and a windows 7 box to test with. More later...

0 Likes

Thanks,

For information following the various tests :

- At work with a PC under Windows7 SP1 with all updates :

- With PSoC Creator 4.1 everything is working.

- After installation of PSoC Creator 4.2 :

- I cannot program flash with PSoC Creator directly.

- If I use the PSoC Programmer 3.28.4 program directly, the programming is done correctly.

- At home with a PC under Windows 10 and same hardware, everything is working.

0 Likes

Hi GiBA_1125241​,

During programming of the target device the chip first enters Internal Reset mode. After this the system boot code starts execution from the SROM. The CPU then waits for up to a duration of 400 us before which the SWD port of the target needs to be acquired by sending a sequence of SWD commands. The recommended minimum frequency of the programmer is 1.5 MHz, which meets the timing requirement of the Acquire Device step.

For more information regarding Acquire Device step in the Programming Flow Algorithm refer Section 4.3 'Step 1A – Acquire the Chip After Hard Reset' in Page 19 of 'CY8C4xxx, CYBLxxxx Programming Specifications' document -

https://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

The clock speed settings can be found here and needs to be changed to 1.6 MHz -

Tools >> Options >> Program/Debug >> Port Configuration >> MiniProg3

pastedImage_0.png

Also please share the details of the target device that you are currently working on.

Thanks,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello,

Ok, it is working with 1.6MHz.

an observation :
  - To change the speed that was before at 0.8MHz, access to the menu and the different parameters

takes between 10 and 20s for each click !

- After changing frequency, all access to the menu \ Select Target are correct.

My target device is : CY8C5868AXI-LP035.

Thanks.

0 Likes