64 kB Low/High Parameter Block Erase Time of S25FL128L

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
reca_4445166
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my name is Reynaldi, and I'm a hardware engineer in Aimvalley B.V. I'm looking for a drop-in replacement for the obsolescent S25FL129P which is used in a project in my company. I was considering both S25FL128S and S25FL128L for this purposes. However I found out that S25FL128S could not be used as a drop-in replacement as of the S25FL128S has a much slower Low/High Parameter Block Erase Time than the S25FL129P, which can be seen in the 64 kB Low/High Parameter Block Erase Time Test presented in the Cypress application note AN98577 "Migration from FL-P to FL-S Family SPI Interface Flash Memories", page 11, table 12.

I am now exploring the possibilities of using the S25FL128L for this purpose instead. However I have not been able to find any results pertaining to Low/High Parameter Block Erase Time Test in the S25FL128L datasheet. Is this information available somewhere? I would like to ascertain whether the the FL-L devices suffer from the same issue as well or not. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Reynaldi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that all the sectors in S25FL128L device are 4KB sectors hence there is no concept of Low/High Parameter Sectors/Block in this device.

The 4KB sector erase time for S25FL128L is -

• Typical - 50ms.
  • Maximum - 250ms.

Though we do not have a migration guide for FL-P to FL-L migration, we have one document that compare the features of FL-S to FL-L device. You can have a look. Link - https://www.cypress.com/file/334026/download

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Reynaldi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that all the sectors in S25FL128L device are 4KB sectors hence there is no concept of Low/High Parameter Sectors/Block in this device.

The 4KB sector erase time for S25FL128L is -

• Typical - 50ms.
  • Maximum - 250ms.

Though we do not have a migration guide for FL-P to FL-L migration, we have one document that compare the features of FL-S to FL-L device. You can have a look. Link - https://www.cypress.com/file/334026/download

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes