PSOC4 4200 Programming Header Schematic

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello, I'm using the PSOC4 4200 microcontroller to do the power up sequence for an FPGA board. I've chosen the PSOC4 because I can get a really low pin count device. I have a question about the RESET line from the Programming Header. I've decided to use a 10 pin header (2x5) to interface with the PSOC.

PSOC4_4200_PROG_HEADER.jpg

Is the RESET from the header the same RESET from my push button reset?

PSOC4.jpg

In the graphic above this is how I think it should be wired up. The board reset line is connected to the PSOC and connected to pin 10 on the header.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

PSoC 4 has a reset pin, XRES, which is active LOW. XRES is internally pulled up to VDDD via a 5.6-kΩ resistor; you do not need an external pull-up resistor for XRES. You can connect a capacitor to the XRES pin, as the figure below shows, to filter out glitches and give the reset signal better noise immunity. A typical capacitance is 0.1 μF.

pull-up.PNG

Also, refer to the section on Power Pin Connections on Page#6 in the Hardware Design Guide for appropriate capacitance values on VCCD, VDDA, VDDD lines.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

PSoC 4 has a reset pin, XRES, which is active LOW. XRES is internally pulled up to VDDD via a 5.6-kΩ resistor; you do not need an external pull-up resistor for XRES. You can connect a capacitor to the XRES pin, as the figure below shows, to filter out glitches and give the reset signal better noise immunity. A typical capacitance is 0.1 μF.

pull-up.PNG

Also, refer to the section on Power Pin Connections on Page#6 in the Hardware Design Guide for appropriate capacitance values on VCCD, VDDA, VDDD lines.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Hello, thank you for responding to my message. Is the XRES also connected to the programming header as show below?

PSOC4rest.jpg

I'm confused about the connection on the programming header; not sure I have it connected properly.

Thanks for helping me,

Joe

0 Likes

Yes it is correct. Use the below schematic for reference:

psoc.PNG

The XRES line is directly connected to the PSoC4 MCU.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Hello, thank you for responding to my message. I will make those changes.

Would this be a okay TVS diode:

> https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/on-semiconductor/SD05T1G/SD05T1GOSCT-ND/964630 >

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes

Hello Joe,

Yes, that works.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello, I've updated the schematic for your comments. The Reset switch goes to the Debug Header and to the PSOC4.

PSOC4_PROG_HEADER.jpg

How does this look?

Thank you,

Joe

0 Likes

Yes, the connection to the programming header is correct now. You haven't made the previous changes I mentioned about not connecting an external pull up resistor on the line with the switch button. Just connect it directly to XRES on one side and other side to ground. It already has an internal pull up.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Ooops, let me fix that.

RESET.jpg

Thank you

0 Likes

Yes, all good now. You're welcome

Regards,

Dheeraj