1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2019 4:27 PM by DoLe_3354741 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
        DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

I changed the MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_LOWER value(and 1 or 5 fps) in 1296x972 but there was no different result.

Currently, I set 5 fps, Y8, 2592x1944 with captured register settings from the  ImagingSource module.  

I got the following error message without any streaming.

Application Stopped

Application Started

DMA Reset Event: Commit buffer failure

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Clear feature request detected...

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

And refer to the Imaging Source's settings that I got.

Thanks,

Don

-----------------------------------

// DMx72BUC02 I2C

//Start

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x07, 0x1F82); // MT9P031_OUTPUT_CONTROL

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_WIDTH, 0x0A1F); // 2592-1

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_LOWER, 0x007D); //  125 or 0x0066. maybe variable

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_UPPER, 0x0000); //    0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_HEIGHT, 0x0798); // 1944

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_WIDTH, 0x0A20); // 2592

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_HEIGHT, 0x0798); // 1944

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_ROW_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_COLUMN_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_READ_MODE_2, 0x0040); //

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x11, 0x3E03); // MT9P031_PLL_CONFIG_1

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x12, 0x0105); // MT9P031_PLL_CONFIG_2

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x12, 0x0105); // same above

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x07, 0x1F86); // MT9P031_OUTPUT_CONTROL

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x10, MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL_PWRON | MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL_USEPLL); // MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL

// More than 220us waited here

CyU3PThreadSleep (500);

//Repeated again. Why ?

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x07, 0x1F82); // MT9P031_OUTPUT_CONTROL

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_WIDTH, 0x0A1F); // 2592-1

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_LOWER, 0x007D); //  125 or 0x0066. maybe variable

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_UPPER, 0x0000); //    0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_WIDTH, 0x0A20); // 2592

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_ROW_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_COLUMN_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_READ_MODE_2, 0x0040); //

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x11, 0x3E03); // MT9P031_PLL_CONFIG_1

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x12, 0x0105); // MT9P031_PLL_CONFIG_2

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x12, 0x0105); // same above

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x07, 0x1F86); // MT9P031_OUTPUT_CONTROL

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, 0x10, MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL_PWRON | MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL_USEPLL); // MT9P031_PLL_CONTROL

// More than 220us waited here

CyU3PThreadSleep (500);

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_READ_MODE_2, 0x0020); //

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_COLUMN_START, MT9P031_COLUMN_START_DEF); // 16

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_ROW_START, MT9P031_ROW_START_DEF); // 54

• 16. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
          RashiV_61

Don,

Can you probe PCLK, FV and LV lines for these settings and share the traces. From this we will get to know whether the problem is with sensor settings or FX3 side.

Regards,

Rashi

• 17. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
            DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the picture from Oscilloscope.

ImagingSourceModule.JPG

Sorry for no PCLK, because this old oscilloscope just has 2 channels(My new oscilloscope had just been broken a few days ago).   PCLK was about 48 MHz displayed here.   I used 96 MHz clock but ImagingSource looks like use 48 MHz setting in their source.

Thanks,

Don

• 18. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
              RashiV_61

Hello Don,

This is the trace after you made changes to the sensor? I couldn't see the high time and low time from this trace.

If this trace are proper then the fps is around 9 which is not according to your setting i.e 5 fps.

For this case: You are getting the errors because still the the input data is exceeding the high speed bandwidth

bandwidth: 2592 X 1944 X 9 = 45 MBps > 30 MBps

Please make sure that the fps you get from the sensor <=5 fps for 2592 X 1944 resolution. After making the changes to sensor, please check whether the output is coming as expected.

The error you are getting it due to the slower host (USB high speed bandwidth). To solve this problem you need to check the output from the sensor matches the bandwidth.

I am not sure that the changes you are doing to sensor are not proper or there is a problem in the sensor. Please check.

Regards,

Rashi

• 19. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

I already tried 1 fps but it was not working, too.

Thanks,

Don

• 20. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                  RashiV_61

Don,

In the the previous trace you shared, you had set fps to 5 but from the sensor you are getting the fps as 9.

There can be a possibility that output from the sensor is not 1 fps when you set the sensor to 1 fps.

You can reduce the fps by increasing the horizontal blanking. You need to first check the output of sensor (by probing FV and LV lines). Then calculate the fps from the traces. If the fps that you see in the trace is <= 5 fps for 2592 X 1944.

Or can you share the trace where you set the camera for 1 fps?

Regards,

Rashi

• 21. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                    DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

Yes, I changed the MT9P031 fps as follows.   But it's not working.   The error message is for 1 fps but almost same message for 5 fps in cyfxuvcdscr.c settings.

Thanks,

Don

---------------------- In "void SensorScaling_2592x1944_DMx (void)" from sensor.c

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_LOWER, 0x257D);        // 0x007D); //  125 or 0x0066. maybe variable

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_UPPER, 0x0000);                        //    0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_DELAY, 0x0000);                //&&&&& 0x0C (1) SHUTTER_DELAY_REG

--------------------- Oscilloscope

IMG_1462.JPG

------------------------------------- Error messages at 1 fps

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

DMA Reset Event: Frame timer overflow, time period = 400

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

• 22. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                      RashiV_61

Hello Don,

You need to update the frame timer value. By default it is set to 200 ms for super speed and 400 ms for high speed (refer attachment)

* Note: The value should always be greater than the frame blanking period */

uint16_t glFrameTimerPeriod = CY_FX_UVC_FRAME_TIMER_VAL_200MS;

As per you trace (1 fps) , the frame blanking period is nearly 420 ms. Please set this variable to a value more than 420 ms. Try with 1000 ms.

Let me know the results.

If you still get commit buffer failure, please probe the USB lines. You can use wireshark for probing. Please let me know the OS you are working on.

Also confirm that buffer size settings are correct.

Below mentioned are settings for 48 KB buffer size and 8 bit bus width. Check for the settings in you application

Set the CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE  = 48K and CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_COUNT  = 2.

Also modify the ADDR_COUNT_LIMITER and DATA_COUNT_LIMITER to (((48K-16) /1) -1 )

Then modify No. of bytes device can rx in single payload in probe control structure to 0xC000 as follows:

"0x00, 0xC0, 0x00, 0x00,      /* No. of bytes device can rx in single payload = 48 KB */"

Regards,

Rashi

• 23. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                        DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

Here are my answers...

================================

You need to update the frame timer value. By default it is set to 200 ms for super speed and 400 ms for high speed (refer attachment)

* Note: The value should always be greater than the frame blanking period */

uint16_t glFrameTimerPeriod = CY_FX_UVC_FRAME_TIMER_VAL_200MS;

As per you trace (1 fps) , the frame blanking period is nearly 420 ms. Please set this variable to a value more than 420 ms. Try with 1000 ms.

Let me know the results.

---------------------------------------------------

-> I changed it like this...

glFrameTimerPeriod = 1000; // CY_FX_UVC_FRAME_TIMER_VAL_400MS;

--------------------- But still not working and the debug messages are...

Application Started

Backflow detected...

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

Application Stopped

Application Started

----------------------------------------------------------

If you still get commit buffer failure, please probe the USB lines. You can use wireshark for probing. Please let me know the OS you are working on.

-------------------------------------

-> I installed wireshark and additional usb module,   But I was not able to probe the USB lines because there was no usb list on wireshark screen(drvinstaller.exe only finds my DMM 72 BUC02 driver).   I have no idea about using wireshark.   Anyway, I changed my USB cable with a new one which is USB 3.1 Type C cable(LS-U31-CM3AM-1M).   But it is still not working.   My OS is Windows 10 Home, version: 1903, OS build: 18362.295

----------------------------------------

Also confirm that buffer size settings are correct.

Below mentioned are settings for 48 KB buffer size and 8 bit bus width. Check for the settings in you application

Set the CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE  = 48K and CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_COUNT  = 2.

Also modify the ADDR_COUNT_LIMITER and DATA_COUNT_LIMITER to (((48K-16) /1) -1 )

Then modify No. of bytes device can rx in single payload in probe control structure to 0xC000 as follows:

"0x00, 0xC0, 0x00, 0x00,      /* No. of bytes device can rx in single payload = 48 KB */"

---------------------------------

-> I've already used your settings so I don't have to change anything, I think.

o My uvc.h

/* UVC Video Streaming Endpoint Packet Size */

#define CY_FX_EP_BULK_VIDEO_PKT_SIZE    (0x400)       /* 1024 Bytes */

/* UVC Video Streaming Endpoint Packet Count */

#define CY_FX_EP_BULK_VIDEO_PKTS_COUNT  (0x30)

/* DMA buffer size used for video streaming. */

#define CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_SIZE       (CY_FX_EP_BULK_VIDEO_PKTS_COUNT * CY_FX_EP_BULK_VIDEO_PKT_SIZE)  /* default: 16 KB */

/* Number of DMA buffers per GPIF DMA thread. */

#define CY_FX_UVC_STREAM_BUF_COUNT      (2)

o My GPIF II Designer ADDR_COUNT_LIMITER and DATA_COUNT_LIMITER => ((48*1024 -12-4)/1) -1 = 49135

o My uvc.c

/* UVC Probe Control Setting for a USB 2.0 connection. */

uint8_t glProbeCtrl20[CY_FX_UVC_MAX_PROBE_SETTING] = {

0x00, 0x00,                 /* bmHint : no hit */

0x01,                       /* Use 1st Video format index */

0x01,                       /* Use 1st Video frame index */

0x80, 0x96, 0x98, 0x00, // 1 fps,

0x00, 0x00,                 /* Key frame rate in key frame/video frame units: only applicable

to video streaming with adjustable compression parameters */

0x00, 0x00,                 /* PFrame rate in PFrame / key frame units: only applicable to

video streaming with adjustable compression parameters */

0x00, 0x00,                 /* Compression quality control: only applicable to video streaming

with adjustable compression parameters */

0x00, 0x00,                 /* Window size for average bit rate: only applicable to video

streaming with adjustable compression parameters */

0x00, 0x00,                 /* Internal video streaming i/f latency in ms */

0x00, 0xE3, 0x4C, 0x00, //LDH 2592x1944x1=     5,038,848

0x00, 0xC0, 0x00, 0x00,

------------------------------------------

Still not working...   and the same debug message.

Thanks,

Don

• 24. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                          RashiV_61

Hello Don,

Wireshark has plugin USBpcap(for Windows) for USB device captures. Please install that.

The Back flow error occurs when the host is slow. In this case the GPIF II blocks writes to the buffer faster than what USB side can consume.

So, to reduce the rate at which the data is streaming you need to increase the Horizontal blanking period.

When FV low (vertical blanking) there is no data written to buffer. The GPIF writes data to buffer when FV is high. So to reduce the rate at which data is written to buffer you need to increase the horizontal blanking (LV is low).

Also, let me know the host application that you are using to view the output.

Regards,

Rashi

• 25. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                            DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

Still I just see the following error message...

-------------------------------

-----------------------------

No "Backflow detected..."  message but it was actually just sometimes or starting time.

My Wireshark and USBpcap plugin installation were something wrong.   I re-installed them and now I can capture the "URB_BULK in" and the other info.   But I don't know why I cannot see any camera view(black screen) while capturing from USBPcap3 like this...

2019-08-29.png

I used the following setting source which has very increased vertical blank, shutter time values(1 fps, 1920x1080, Refer to "MT9P031: Developer Guide (Rev. A-2013)").

-----------------

void

SensorScaling_1080P_MT9P031_Increased_VerticalBlanking ( void)

{

CyU3PReturnStatus_t ret;

//SETTINGS FOR 1080P WITH 30 FPS. ROLLING SHUTTER ARTIFACT REDUCED BY 12%.

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_ROW_START, 431); // 0x01

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_COLUMN_START, 335); // 0x02

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_HEIGHT, 1079); // 0x03

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_WINDOW_WIDTH, 1919); // 0x04

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_HORIZONTAL_BLANK, 100); // 0); // 0x05=0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_VERTICAL_BLANK, 3145); // 145); // 0x06=0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_UPPER, 0x0000); // 0x08 (1) SHUTTER_WIDTH_HI

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_WIDTH_LOWER, 0x41AC); // 0x01AC); // 0x09 (1) INTEG_TIME_REG

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_SHUTTER_DELAY, 0x0000); // 0x0C (1) SHUTTER_DELAY_REG

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_ROW_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0x22 ROW_MODE, ROW_SKIP=0. ROW_BIN=0

ret = SensorWriteAll_1B_Addr (SENSOR_ADDR_WR, MT9P031_COLUMN_ADDRESS_MODE, 0x0000); // 0x23 COL_MODE, COL_SKIP=0. COL_BIN=0

----------------

And the oscilloscope shows that...

Increased_vertical_blank_shutter_value.JPG

The host application that I'm using to view the output is "GraphEdit" or eCAM or Windows 10 internal camera application.

Thanks,

Don

P.S.: How about trying to change various DMA buffer size combination?  

• 26. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                              RashiV_61

Hello Don,

In the previous post, I asked to increase the horizontal blanking period and not the vertical blanking period.

>>So, to reduce the rate at which the data is streaming you need to increase the Horizontal blanking period.

If you increase the vertical blanking period the error will not be solved. No data is written during vertical blanking (FV low).

We need to increase the period during which the data is written to the buffer by increasing the horizontal blanking period.

By increasing the horizontal blanking the FV high time will increase.

Can you share the .pcapng file? (USB traces)

Regards,

Rashi

• 27. Re: Is "2592x1944x1 byte in High speed(USB 2.0)" possible with FX3?
                                DoLe_3354741

Hi Rashi,

Thank you VERY much.   It works !!!

As you mentioned above, to increase the Horizontal blanking value was the right solution.

The Horizontal blanking value have to be more than one or two thousands to make around 6~7 fps or less once I check the oscilloscope frequency value.

Thanks.

By the way, I don't know why the MT9P031 datasheet doesn't show that kind of examples to increase the value?  I just saw the increase of the Vertical blanking value but  the Horizontal blanking value.

Thanks,

Don

1 2 Previous Next