Laird Sterling WIFI module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

HI I purchased one EVK from Laird

455-00030 Laird - Wireless & Thermal Systems | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey

I tried a few sample and attached to terminal

Both platform does not log anything after the joining log entry.

Am I missing custom platform files from Laird ?

CYW94343WWCD1_EVB

Description : Cypress BCM94343WWCD1 mounted on a Cypress CYW9WCD9EVAL evaluation board

BCM94343WWCD2

Description : Cypress BCM94343WWCD2 mounted on a Cypress BCM9WCD9EVAL1 evaluation board

Starting WICED Wiced_006.004.000.0061

Platform CYW94343WWCD1_EVB initialised

Started ThreadX v5.8

WICED_core Initialized

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.10_sp3

Creating Packet pools

Connect to the network

Joining : SSIDSAMPLE-2.4

Starting WICED Wiced_006.004.000.0061

Platform BCM94343WWCD2 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.8

WICED_core Initialized

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.10_sp3

Creating Packet pools

Connect to the network

Joining : SSIDSAMPLE-2.4

0 Likes
1 Solution

The BLE Wi-Fi introducer example should work with your module. Please add the platform name under VALID_PLATFORMS in ble_wifi_introducer.mk.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Never mind I didn't deploy the LAIRD_EWB platform files.

Can the BLE WIFI Introducer APP work with the Cypress WIFI used by Sterling module

Laird is providing an app called the EWB Mobile APP but it doesn't look like it comes with source code

To configure and connect the Sterling-EWB for your local Wi-Fi network, Laird provides the EWB mobile app. This application walks you through the following: ▪ Creating an account ▪ Scanning and connecting to your Sterling-EWB over BLE ▪ Scanning for, selecting, and providing the passphrase for the Wi-Fi network to your Sterling-EWB ▪ Provisioning the client for use on the demo

0 Likes

The BLE Wi-Fi introducer example should work with your module. Please add the platform name under VALID_PLATFORMS in ble_wifi_introducer.mk.