Psoc 6 BLUE Pioneer kit CY8CKIT-062-BLE not enumerating on usb

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeLe_4406256
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with the CY8CKIT-BLE (Psoc 6 BLE pioneer kit).  The e-ink display is blank before and after connecting power via the usb cable.  On the windows 7 pc, there is no usb enumeration/recognition when it is plugged it (no "bong" sound) and it does not appear in the device manager.  The Psoc creator program does not recognize the kitprog2 as shown below:

ble-not-recognized.jpg

also have a CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT which it does recognize as shown below:

wifibt-recognized.jpg

The default firmware on the CY8CKIT-BLE does run as evidenced by the solid orange LED which turns off after about 10 seconds.  The board also shows up as a bluetooth device on an android phone and I was able to connect to it and run the cypress demo app. 

Switches/jumpers are on the default settings of:

SW5: 3.3V

SW6: PSCOC 6 BLE

SW7: Vddd/Kitprog2

J8: installed (closed)

Please let me know to proceed. 

Thanks,

Tennyson

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi TeLe_4406256

As the device is not showing up in any of the tabs in Device Manager the issue could be one or more of the following:

1. Issue with the USB Type C Port

2. Issue with the KitProg

3. Issue with the PSoC 6 MCU

Please try programming your device using a MiniProg if you have access to one. If the device can be programmed then the issue is with the USB Port or the KitProg and the PSoC is fine or else the PSoC 6 MCU itself is not working.

Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello TeLe_4406256

Please let me know the state of the KitProg2 Status LEDs (LED2, LED3, LED1). The LED2 and LED4 should be on without blinking which indicates that the PSoC is in KitProg2 mode.

Refer to Table 10-1 'Meaning of KitProg2 LED Indications' in Page 71 in KitProg2 User Guide to get to know in which mode your kit is presently in.

To shift to KitProg2 mode from the current mode refer to Figure 1-3 b) 'Switching between KitProg2 Modes' in Page 8 in KitProg2 User Guide.

KitProg2 User Guide Link -  https://www.cypress.com/file/225961/download

Also ensure that the PSoC 6 MCU current measurement jumper (J8, on the bottom side of the Board) is connected and VDDD/KITPROG2 option is selected using the Vbackup and PMIC control selection switch (SW7, on the bottom side of the Board).

Regards,

Rakshith M. B.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

The 3 KitProg2 status LEDs are off and LED4 (power) is on when the usb cable is connected. 

I tried various combination of pressing SW3 and SW4, but was unable to cause LED2 to illuminate solid.

If I press SW3, all 3 of the status LEDs illuminate solid, but it still does not enumerate.  By pressing SW3 and SW4 several times after resetting, LED2 (amber color) started blinking, but it still did not enumerate.

I confirmed J8 was connected and SW7 was on the VDDD/KITPROG2 option.

Thanks,

Tennyson

0 Likes

Hello TeLe_4406256

Please share the screenshot of Device Manager with 'Ports', 'Other devices' and 'Universal Serial Bus devices' tab expanded after connecting the device. Also share the version of PSoC programmer and a screenshot of PSoC programmer when the device is connected.

If the device is not getting listed in any of the tabs in Device Manager and CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT is getting enumerated with the same cable and port then the USB Type C port of the device or KitProg could be damaged.

Regards,

Rakshith M. B.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Here is a screenshot of device manager.  It does not change when I plug in the board:

device-manager.PNG

Here is a screenshot of psoc programmer after plugging in the device.  It did not change after plugging it in.  The version is shown in the screenshot:

psoc-programmer.PNG

My guess is the usb port on the board is bad.

Thanks,

Tennyson

0 Likes

Hi TeLe_4406256

As the device is not showing up in any of the tabs in Device Manager the issue could be one or more of the following:

1. Issue with the USB Type C Port

2. Issue with the KitProg

3. Issue with the PSoC 6 MCU

Please try programming your device using a MiniProg if you have access to one. If the device can be programmed then the issue is with the USB Port or the KitProg and the PSoC is fine or else the PSoC 6 MCU itself is not working.

Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes