Does anyone know how to operate a digital signature generated from openssl in psoc 6?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
caRa_3762551
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I generated a digital signature in openssl with the same keys that psoc uses, it generates it in binary file, I passed it to base 64 and then to hex, which is the format used by the signature in psoc, I also generated 256 hash, when I'm going to verify the signature, I can't authenticate it, do you have any idea why?

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please refer to the Secure Image template project to understand how Creator generates the digital signature.

The "cymcuelftool" is used by Creator to sign the elf file with SHA256 to create the hash and encrypts it with RSAASA-PKCS algorithm and generates an output secure hex file. The command used is:

cymcuelftool.exe --sign %elf file% SHA-256 --encrypt %RSAASSA-PKCS% --key %PRIVATE_KEY% --output %output_elf_file% --hex %output_hex_file%

I am not sure what commands you are using to generate the digital signature, so please mention the flow of commands you are using to verify the digital signature and we can help you further.

More on cymcuelftool can be found in the user guide present at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.x.x\doc"

Regards,

Dheeraj