Dual core Psoc6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViMD_4181096
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given

Hi,

I had a query whether I can run tasks in both the core at the same time in PSoC6 MCU. Since Psoc creator asks to choose a target at the beginning, the program placed in one core only gets executed. May I get any suggestions on how to run both the tasks in the core at the same time.  I have selected the core  cm0+ and later using the   Cy_SysEnableCM4(CY_CORTEX_M4_APPL_ADDR);  activated the cm4. But the tasks in the cm0+ is not executed whereas in cm4 the task was executed. Please, suggest me in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Vivekraj MD

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

When I create a project using the CY8CKIT-062-BLE kit, there is not step to select a target CPU.

GS004494.png

When you select the "CY8CKIT-062-BLE (PSoC 63)" as the target, the created project has two main() files as follows.

GS004495.png

The PSoC 63 system starts the Cortex-M0+ CPU only.  The Cortex-M4 CPU will start when the function "Cy_SysEnableCM4(CY_CORTEX_M4_APPL_ADDR);" is called by Cortex-M0+ CPU.  The Cortex-CM0+ CPU can execute its program after calling the function.

Please refer following application notes.

AN215656 - PSoC 6 MCU Dual-Core CPU System Design

CE216795 - PSoC(R) 6 MCU Dual-Core Basics

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

When I create a project using the CY8CKIT-062-BLE kit, there is not step to select a target CPU.

GS004494.png

When you select the "CY8CKIT-062-BLE (PSoC 63)" as the target, the created project has two main() files as follows.

GS004495.png

The PSoC 63 system starts the Cortex-M0+ CPU only.  The Cortex-M4 CPU will start when the function "Cy_SysEnableCM4(CY_CORTEX_M4_APPL_ADDR);" is called by Cortex-M0+ CPU.  The Cortex-CM0+ CPU can execute its program after calling the function.

Please refer following application notes.

AN215656 - PSoC 6 MCU Dual-Core CPU System Design

CE216795 - PSoC(R) 6 MCU Dual-Core Basics

Thank you so much. But, when I run the IDE to create project I get option of target device and target module only. Target  kit like in the screen shot is not highlighted in my IDE. May I know why is that ?

Regards,

Vivekraj MD

0 Likes

If you want a list of development kit in the "Target kit" please install corresponding kit package.  The kit package of CY8CKIT-062-BLE can be downloaded from following page.

PSoC® 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE)