Example on using the EBI interface on FM4 MB9BF56xR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AgOb_2058796
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

I am currently evaluating the FM4 MB9BF56xR on the FM4-U120-9B560 kit. I would like to use the External Bus Interface (EBI) to access an LCD with a SSD1963 controller. As a first step, I would like to go through an example on how to configure the EBI for SRAM/NOR flash access since the SSD1963 presents similar control signals.

Is there an example project on how to configure the EBI for SRAM/NOR flash access? The PDL library does not include any examples on using the EBI.

Thanks,

Obi

0 Likes
1 Solution
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi ,

The PDL 2.1 has drivers for EXTIF and also examples with NAND FLASH and SDRAM interfaces (check utilities folder).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AgOb_2058796
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked

After much tinkering, I managed to get the EBI peripheral working with an SSD1963 TFT LCD in 16-bit access mode. Just disappointed that activity in the forums are very low.

0 Likes

You can share your solution (code and schemes) with me. I have the same problem with you.

and what libraries are you using?

Yours sincerely Joseph

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you describe your problem a bit more?

In my case, I wanted to drive a TFT LCD using the EBI interface, and I ended up developing a bare metal application/ libraries to access an SSD1963 TFT display from scratch.

0 Likes

hi I could share your graphic libraries for SSD1963 TFT. could you tell me what you use as rtos.grazie

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Obi ,

Is it possible to share your solution (code and schematics )with me. I have the same problem with you.

Thanks and Regards ,

Fatih

0 Likes
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi ,

The PDL 2.1 has drivers for EXTIF and also examples with NAND FLASH and SDRAM interfaces (check utilities folder).

0 Likes