IDE Export Tool Does Not Export Application Files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiDu_3979751
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi all,

I am having an issue where the IDE export wizard in PSoC Creator seems to be unselecting all of the files I select at the Application Files page.

Further details:

1. I am generating a CMSIS-Pack
  2. I filled out the vendor name, pack name, etc and left the default uVision path to TOOLS.INI (which is correct for my configuration).
  3. At the application files page, I have tried to export a single file and all of the files, but neither set appears once I import the pack to uVision.

On the Keil uVision side:

1. Create a new project
  2. Select the PSoC 4200L target that came from the pack

Now when I get to the "Manage Run-Time Environment" page, I can add the startup code which is located under "Device" but there is no application code located under "PSoC Creator" like the documentation suggests.

Is there some setting I am missing here to include the application code?

Environment Details:

CY8C4247LTI-L475 (PSoC 4200L)

PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)

uVision V5.26.2.0

Windows 10

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Is seems the generated .gpdsc file is never parsed and used to add the "PSoC Creator" component to the pack. Does this file need to be referenced somewhere to get this to work? At the end of the IDE export, I get a windows popup indication that there is no program to run .gpdsc files which would imply there is something failing in the export script.

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

Please do not edit the vendor name, let it be default during export.

I tried exporting a PSoC4L based project to uVision 5.21a from PSoC Creator 4.2 by choosing the default Vendor name, version and Tools.ini which as follows:

pastedImage_0.png

I was able to successfully build the exported project in uVision 5.21a:

pastedImage_1.png

Can you share your PSoC Creator project if you are still unable to export and build in uVision

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes

Hi Ankita,

Thank you for your help. When generating the CMSIS pack, I kept all the default options with the exception of clicking the select all button on application files page. Still no luck.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the code, but I am curious whether the pack you generated was installed in Keil automatically after the export process. I have the check box "Install the generated pack in uVision" checked, but after the export process, the pack is not installed in uVision. Is this also what you saw and did you have to manually install it?

0 Likes

Hi,

The pack I generated was installed in Keil automatically after the export process and didn't have to install it manually.

I just followed all the steps given in Help Section under topic "Opening Generated CMSIS-Pack Projects (µVision 5 IDE)" of PSoC Creator 4.2

0 Likes

Hi Ankita,

Thanks again for responding. There seems to be something wrong either the export tool or maybe there is something in my setup that could affect it. When I try to export my project following the steps provided by cypress, there is no pack installed by default. Do you know what could possibly prevent the pack from being installed automatically during the export process?

0 Likes

Hi,

Please check this topic "Miscellaneous Export Notes" in PSoC Creator help section which identifies certain key points regarding uVision usage

0 Likes