BCM43455 SDIO Test mode wifi with wl

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
siaa_4420406
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

I want to enable some radio test mode with BCM43455 integrated into Ampak AP6355SD.

The BCM43455 use SDIO bus.

My board operate with Ubuntu 19.04 Linux 5.0.0-25-generic

Following your documentation i understood that WiFi radio test mode for BCM43455 is accessible over the wl driver/tools

I install broadcom-sta-dkms package and blacklist open-source kernel module.

After instered "wl" module i cannot see any wifi interface over iwconfig or ip l

Did I miss something ?

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

CYW43455 will not work with broadcom-sta-dkms package. CYW43455 requires FMAC driver and firmware available at https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-17441 which is the latest driver release. There is a readme document enclosed in the attachment to port the driver in an i.MX processor, copying the firmware to the correct location in the host processor and finally the WLAN would be brought up by insmoding compat.ko, cfg80211.ko, brcmutil.ko and brcmfmac.ko in that order as explained in the document. After this, you should be able to access the WLAN interface. You can adapt the document to port the driver to your target board containing Ubuntu.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

CYW43455 will not work with broadcom-sta-dkms package. CYW43455 requires FMAC driver and firmware available at https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-17441 which is the latest driver release. There is a readme document enclosed in the attachment to port the driver in an i.MX processor, copying the firmware to the correct location in the host processor and finally the WLAN would be brought up by insmoding compat.ko, cfg80211.ko, brcmutil.ko and brcmfmac.ko in that order as explained in the document. After this, you should be able to access the WLAN interface. You can adapt the document to port the driver to your target board containing Ubuntu.

0 Likes

Thanks for this information.

I can't find the wl utility in this archive. Where should i download it ?

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes

Can you contact your module partner to get access to the WL utility?

I will contact the module supplier if it's the way to proceed this.

0 Likes