How to send the notification in psoc 4 ble

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bamo_4182511
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I am trying to send the notification to the client from the psoc 4 ble how can i send the notication from psoc ble to the client. I am making use of the custom services and characteristics , how to select the uuid for the notification please help me

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the Day024_Throughput example project in GitHub. In that example workspace, please refer the project "GATT Notification – Data outcoming" which implements a GATT Server and GAP Peripheral role. It sends data to client over BLE using GATT notifications on a custom characteristic.

Please refer to the AN91162 datasheet for more information on Creating a BLE Custom Profile.

Que: how to select the uuid for the notification?

Ans: The GATT client performs read/write/notify operations on one or more Attributes in the GATT server’s Attribute database using the Attribute handle. We only need to know the Attribute handle on which we want to perform a read/write/notify operation.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please refer to the Day024_Throughput example project in GitHub. In that example workspace, please refer the project "GATT Notification – Data outcoming" which implements a GATT Server and GAP Peripheral role. It sends data to client over BLE using GATT notifications on a custom characteristic.

Please refer to the AN91162 datasheet for more information on Creating a BLE Custom Profile.

Que: how to select the uuid for the notification?

Ans: The GATT client performs read/write/notify operations on one or more Attributes in the GATT server’s Attribute database using the Attribute handle. We only need to know the Attribute handle on which we want to perform a read/write/notify operation.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Hello,

Thank you for your Reply, i just want one thing know that how the notification in the ble can be fetched into the android phone i don't how it operates can you please instruct me.

Thank you,

Basavaraj M

0 Likes

Hello,

When we enable the notification from the client device this will write value one to the Client Characteristic Configuration Descriptor handle(which is used to enable or disable the notifications accordingly).

On enabling the notification successfully for a specific attribute, if the GATT server has an updated value to be notified to the GATT Client then it sends notification data to the client device.

The function CyBle_GattsNotification() sends a notification to the client device when the GATT Server is configured to notify a Characteristic Value to the GATT Client without expecting any Attribute Protocol layer acknowledgment that the notification was successfully received.

Note: A Handle is a number assigned to an attribute by the Server itself. It is just a local number by which the server identifies the particular attribute. The GATT client performs notify operation on a particular Attribute in the GATT server’s Attribute database using the Attribute handle. We only need to know the Attribute handle on which we want to perform a notify operation.

Please refer to the "GATT Notification – Data outcoming" example project for more information on notify operation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Hello,

Thank you PY_21​​ i am getting the notification but the thing is it is not sending the continues notifications it only sends 20-25 notifications and then it automatically disconnects how can i resolve this problem?

now i want to bond ble with my android phone i have got some examples from the github (day_015bonding) but i am not getting any information about it and in teraterm the printf will not work only put string and put char will work what type of the emulator should i use to write and read the data serially through uart. except teraterm is there any software which can be used for writing and reading data serially.

Thanks,    

Basavaraj m.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Could you please share your project so that we can check at our end?

To use the printf function in the project, please add the debug.c file to the project and increase the heap size to 0x400 in Design Wide Resource in PSoC Creator as shown in below attached image.

You can also use the PUTTY software for reading and writing the data.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Hello,

Thank you PY_21​ can you send your email id so that i can send the file because here in this there is no option to attach files.

can you please help me in bonding of the ble?

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

Please click on the "Use advanced editor" option at the top and click on Attach file as shown in below image.

Please attach the complete project. In the PSoC Creator, go to File ->Create Workspace Bundle -> Select minimal and attach the generated file.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach

here is the complete project file

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Basavaraj,

Please refer to the attached modified project.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello P Yugandhar,

The file that you have sent is corrupted can you please send it once again.

Thanks,

Basavaraj.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Basavaraj,

Please refer to the below attached project.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello PY_21​,

Thank you for the program its working fine but the printf function is not displaying any of the values and the strings in the tera term and putty software.

0 Likes

Hello Basavaraj,

Can you please increase the heap size value in Design Wide Resource and check?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello Basavaraj,

Are you able to use the Printf function after increasing the heap size please let me know.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

MaCo_4422026
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can bookmark a thread

0 Likes