Frequency divider

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
misa_4395186
Level 2
Level 2
First like given
0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to use a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4-M Prototyping kit. This kit allows for programming and debugging without any additional hardware. A Simple counter will be able to divide any frequency up to 12MHz by a fixed integer number.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to use a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4-M Prototyping kit. This kit allows for programming and debugging without any additional hardware. A Simple counter will be able to divide any frequency up to 12MHz by a fixed integer number.

Bob

0 Likes

Thank you for your recommendation, I bought the prototyping kit. I grabbed the "frequency divider" component to divider my input signal by 8,400 and I got an error message that I ran out of resources! is there another way to do this? I am planning on doing more than one frequency divide hopefully...

0 Likes

PSoC4 devices do not have enough resources to accommodate the divider value of 8,400. Instead of Frequency Divider component, you can use the Counter component or PWM component, and set the period to 8400.

0 Likes
EmDr_1490911
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

You can also use a PSoC1 eval Kit. On these platforms you can produce a clock divider up to 3,4x10^38 implementing cascaded PWMs on the configurable digital modules.

0 Likes