How to change drive strength of CYUSB3304-68LTXI USB HUB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pamo_4419601
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are working on NXP'S imx8 based custom design. we had interface cypress's CYUSB3304-68LTXI USB hub. It is working fine with SOC.

We need to change the drive strength of the USB HUB. So, we have following queries

1. Is it possible to change the drive strength of USB HUB after config in i2c slave mode?

2. If yes then please share the document for that.

3. Is it possible to configure in run time?

let me know if you need more information.

Reg,

Parth

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Parth,

1. The drive strength can be changed using the Blaster Plus Configuration utility and then loading the new configuration by an I2C master.

2. Please refer to the utility and the Blaster Plus User guide at- https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/blaster-plus-configuration-utility

3. The configuration can only be loaded before enumeration and once the hub boots up, it cant be changed in run time.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Parth,

1. The drive strength can be changed using the Blaster Plus Configuration utility and then loading the new configuration by an I2C master.

2. Please refer to the utility and the Blaster Plus User guide at- https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/blaster-plus-configuration-utility

3. The configuration can only be loaded before enumeration and once the hub boots up, it cant be changed in run time.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi ,

As per my knowledge there is dependency of external EEPROM. DO we really need EEPROM?Can directly do changes  from USB HUB?

Regards,

RIcha

Hello Richa,

If you are setting the boot mode as I2C slave mode, then the configuration from Blaster Plus can be saved in the proper format and loaded from an external I2C master. If however, you are setting the boot mode as I2C master mode, then an EEPROM is required to store the settings and for the hub to boot from it.

There are smaller configuration changes that can be done directly on the hub in Pin-strap boot mode but those do not include changing the drive strength of the hub. Please refer to Page 25 in the datasheet for more details.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes