CYW4343W with STM32 - Using RFComm - Are there ways to reduce the memory footprint?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I found a snip called:  "bt_dualmode_server" that does have the Bluetooth RFCOMM profile. We will be trying to work this one.

It does seem to work on the board connecting to the PC via a BT Terminal and I can send/receive ASCII characters.

I am now trying to simplify it - as it takes 54K of RAM !!! Could I remove the Proximity Server ?  The 54K RAM is a significant cost, as well as the 232 KBytes of Flash memory, but RAM is scarcer in this case.

Is SPP a better approach?

Thanks,

Mike Roberts

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi MiRo_263836​,

bt_dualmode_server snip demonstrates simultaneous usage of BT and BLE. Proximity reporter feature is added just to demonstrate the BLE part of this, you can remove this functionality and just keep the LE connection part to check the working.

SPP profile establishes RFCOMM connection between two BT devices for emulating serial cable connection. So you will need RFCOMM functionality even if you want to use SPP.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi MiRo_263836​,

bt_dualmode_server snip demonstrates simultaneous usage of BT and BLE. Proximity reporter feature is added just to demonstrate the BLE part of this, you can remove this functionality and just keep the LE connection part to check the working.

SPP profile establishes RFCOMM connection between two BT devices for emulating serial cable connection. So you will need RFCOMM functionality even if you want to use SPP.