Programming IC from within a test aplication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vifi_4410636
Level 1
Level 1

I want to integrate the programming of the IC to be driven from my test application. Is there a driver I can integrate into the application to accomplish this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Amar,

You can enable the custom interface option in bootloader and you should use 5 functions with your communication component and build the program.

For those functions you must go to

Psoc Creator - Help - Documentation - Component Author Guide - In that go to section 10 - Adding Bootloader Support - go to functions section.

For you to develop an application you can refer to the link which I have shared below and follow the steps in that project

PSoC 4 EEPROM Bootloader Example - Hackster.io

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

Please check this AN73054  that shows you how to implement PSoC 3 or PSoC 5LP device programming with an external microcontroller by using modular C code:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an73054-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-programming-usin...

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes

I think OP wants to integration wherein the programming (or update of application) will or can be triggered and executed within the same device (some sort of bootload operation). AN73054 requires external device to act as programmer.

I am also looking for  and working on solution wherein the device (PSoC5LP series) will have a bootloader. The board used by me has a GSM/GPRS module and a microSD card. I want to develop an application where it will receive updated application from server and will trigger bootloader.

However the bootloader component in PSoC creator requires communication component (either UART, I2C, SPI etc.)

I think own bootloader application needs to be developed. Correct me if wrong. Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Also request OP to elaborate the requirement.

Regards,

Amar

0 Likes

Hi Amar,

You can enable the custom interface option in bootloader and you should use 5 functions with your communication component and build the program.

For those functions you must go to

Psoc Creator - Help - Documentation - Component Author Guide - In that go to section 10 - Adding Bootloader Support - go to functions section.

For you to develop an application you can refer to the link which I have shared below and follow the steps in that project

PSoC 4 EEPROM Bootloader Example - Hackster.io

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

Hello Alakananda,

Thanks for your response.

Actually I did go through the literature for custom interface option in communication interface and forgot to mention that. I was not able to make it work and after spending significant time had to skip the bootloader part in current implementation due to deadline and me being the sole developer maintaining the project.

I am having plan to start on it again since currently application part is stable. Will post my queries then.

And again Thanks for pointing to the link. It is really a useful info.

0 Likes