VBUS_C_CTRL, VBUS_P_CTRL CCG3PA pb exemple code

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

hello,

as i'm diving deep into development of this powerbank project using the reference design and the exemple code i find more problems and confusion.
in the CCGx power SDK  user guide doesn't explail the purpose of VBUS_C_CTRL, VBUS_P_CTRL and pin2 Type-C port buck-boost regulator enable signal.

i want to check if the the reference desigh schematic design is right with the TopDesign.cysch.
1) USB_C_CTL on the CCG3PA  should be pin 4? in schematic design
2) TYPE_C_CE ont the CCG3PA should be pin 2? in the schematic design ?

3)shoud CCG3PA pin 9 (DIR_CTRL_C in TopDesign.cysch) connect to the SC8913 INT pin 13 ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ,

1. You shall make TopDesign.cysch on your firmware project keep same as project schematic. If you are not assured the pre-assigned pin usage in the firmware, you'd better to take a look CY4532 schematic. As per your schematic attached, the example firmware you can get is not follow the pin assignment. You need notice that.

2. Only pins of Green marked cannot be re-configured/re-assignment, you can remove any pins which is not follow your schematic.

pastedImage_0.png

3. Meanwhile, please kindly notice that CY4532 is not use SC8913/SC8915.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

Kindly refer my comments as below:

1) USB_C_CTL on the CCG3PA  should be pin 4? in schematic design

>> YES. It shall be use pin#4 as VBUS_C_CTRL. If you want to use other pins, you need replace the logic of

#define APP_VBUS_SNK_FET_ON_P1()

#define APP_VBUS_SNK_FET_OFF_P1()

in the config.h file.

2) TYPE_C_CE ont the CCG3PA should be pin 2? in the schematic design ?

>> You can change it as per your request. Once you changed hardware, you need change the firmware regards of.

3)shoud CCG3PA pin 9 (DIR_CTRL_C in TopDesign.cysch) connect to the SC8913 INT pin 13 ?

>> You can change it as per your request. Once you changed hardware, you need change the firmware regards of.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

thanks for the reply.
my question is based on the TopDesign.cysch screenshot below and the schematic in the pdf file below.

schematic22.PNG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JzDsPUgrRcFSVH-MqkDbx0p3OOWeMypv/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes

Hi ,

The project you shared cannot be reached from my end. Could you please kindly attach it in this thread directly?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

how  to en/dis   or on/off   VBUS_C_CTRL    pin ?

which API  from power SDk shell i use ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
chch_3621411
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

hi here is the project schematic in the pdf file.

on the  TopDesign.cysch you can see pin:

1>>PWMI_OUT_C

2>>BUCK_BOOST_EN_C

3>>VBUS_P_CTRL

4>>VBUS_C_CTRL

9>>DIR_CTRL_C

12>>SDA (I2C)

13>>scl (I2C)

on the project schematic pin:

1>>USB_C_CTL

2>> no connected

3>> no connected

4>>TYPE_C_CE

9>>no connected

10>>INT (I2C)

12>>SDA(I2C)

13>>CLC(I2C)

0 Likes

LisaZ_26​ Hello Lisa could you please help me, with this ?

the south-chip SC8913 is communicate with CCG3PA throught I2C and (INT pin) An open drain output for interrupt signal, is this pin DIR_CTRL_C on the TopDesign.cysch ?

as the the buck-boost ic is connected to CCG3PA throught I2C why there is BUCK_BOOST_EN_C on TopDesign.cysch and what is used for

and same for PMWI_OUT_C ?

0 Likes

Hi ,

1. You shall make TopDesign.cysch on your firmware project keep same as project schematic. If you are not assured the pre-assigned pin usage in the firmware, you'd better to take a look CY4532 schematic. As per your schematic attached, the example firmware you can get is not follow the pin assignment. You need notice that.

2. Only pins of Green marked cannot be re-configured/re-assignment, you can remove any pins which is not follow your schematic.

pastedImage_0.png

3. Meanwhile, please kindly notice that CY4532 is not use SC8913/SC8915.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes