CY8CPROTO-063-BLE "Device was recognized but PSoC creator does not support using it this time."

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuKh_4408861
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Today got new CY8CPROTO-063-BLE  and installed all.
Downloaded sample code CE217637 - BLE Find Me listed in there at the bottom.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-prototyping-kit-cy8cproto-06...

Was able to Build successfully, however when trying to program it gives this error

"Device was recognized but PSoC creator does not support using it this time."

Unplug, Restart , Reinstall did not help.

KitProg3 programmer working well as I'm able to read and program using PSoCProgrammer.

However when trying to load generated Hex files using PSoCProgrammer it rejects saying:

| Programming Terminated

ERROR! --->                                                                         | The hex file does not match with the acquired device, please check the device

What I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need firstly add CYBLE-416045-02 to PSOC Creator device list. Refer to the steps shown in following doc - Prerequisite Software Setup for Getting Started with CYBLE-416045-02 EZ-BLE Module in PSoC Creator –...

Note this doc is not up to date. Please install the latest pdl 3.1.0  and psoc programmer 3.28​ instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

As described in the PDF manual "CE217637 - BLE Find Me Profile with PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity" it is required to select the target device as following step 2.

GS004437.png

Thanks for that.
It seems mentioned in Table 1 device CYBLE-416045-02 is not listed in Creator 4.2 device list?

pastedImage_0.png

I cannot find it in "Select Device" menu.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

You need firstly add CYBLE-416045-02 to PSOC Creator device list. Refer to the steps shown in following doc - Prerequisite Software Setup for Getting Started with CYBLE-416045-02 EZ-BLE Module in PSoC Creator –...

Note this doc is not up to date. Please install the latest pdl 3.1.0  and psoc programmer 3.28​ instead.