Current CY7C68013A-128AXC FX2 Driver for x86/x64

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chris_Hawthorne
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am currently looking for the current signed driver for the CY7C68013A-128AXC to include with our software installer.  The current EZ-USB FX3 SDK shows version 1.2.3.20 where as there is a windows update for at least the x64 version to 1.2.3.26.  We are experiencing at intermittent times when the device will disconnect itself from the software which requires our software to have to be restarted and the device re-enumerated and would like to verify we have the current version driver to rule out any driver issues.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Chris,

The update is expected to happen for USB-Serial Devices which has a PID of 00FA. Please refer to Microsoft Update catalog.

The driver version 1.2.3.20 shown in snippet 3 is the version of .sys file, the driver binaries were not changed after the 1.2.3.20 version.

cyusb3 driver version 1.2.3.23 is fine as it has the same functionality as that of version 1.2.3.20.

Please do uninstall the 1.2.3.23 version driver and perform  automatic driver update from the device manager when the FX2LP has enumerated with PID 1004.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The latest driver is the one provided with the FX3 SDK with version 1.2.3.20. The 1.2.3.26 version is pushed to Windows Update for USB-Serial device part and not for FX2LP, and is different only in terms of certification.

Please provide more details on when the disconnection occurs and if possible USB traces as well.

Best Regards,

Sananya

Hi Sananya,

I loaded version 1.2.3.20 out of FX3 SDK3 on my laptop 8/5 as you advised me in your previous message.  Today when I was asked a question about the driver, I went to see the version and it had upgraded to version 1.2.3.23.  I checked my logs and it appears Windows pushed version 1.2.3.23 through the update process on 8/9/19 @ 1:24AM.  I have not notice any issues with this version 1.2.3.23.  So far it seems to work fine with no self disconnects and we seem to be streaming at a good rate.  Again, which is correct?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please use the cyusb3 driver version 1.2.3.20 present in the FX3 SDK as the later versions are specific to USB-Serial devices.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

why  use the " BUS Hound ", I can not get the right USB  trace?

it shows    “USTS   80000300     ”       bad parameter , is it a hardware problem?

Use the same  driver, swap another version PCBA , it can run good.

pastedImage_0.png

best regards!

Clark Gao

0 Likes

Yatheesh,

Thank you for the response.  I do understand that we need to use version 1.2.3.20 from SDK3 which is what I would like to do, but Windows pushes version 1.2.3.23 in their updates automatically and then it is difficult to get the driver to revert to version 1.2.3.20.    I did a little closer look at the driver and when 1.2.3.20 is loaded the device manager properties for my device looks like:

Image 1

pastedImage_0.png

And the Driver Version looks like:

Image 2

pastedImage_1.png

Then windows will automatically push their update and it causes the  properties to change like so:

Image 3

pastedImage_2.png

Image 4

pastedImage_3.png

I think the Driver information shown on image 1 and 3 is taken from the .inf file where as image 2 and 4 show the .sys file version.  So it is possible that both will work since it appears both have the same sys file.  If this is the case then I don't have an issue.  But if this is not the case then why is Cypress allowing windows to break their products and by proxy my products by automatically updating the driver?  How can I make the driver stay at the correct version so my customers can run the correct driver?  I appreciate you patience!

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know the VID and PID of your device?

The USB-Serial MFG interface is specific to USB-Serial Devices.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

We are currently using VID 0x04B4 PID 0x00FA.  We can change our software so that it will accept other VID and PID if needed.  This is what I entered as we were developing the product.  Is there a better selection that would get us the results we need?

0 Likes

Hello,

The  PID you are using for your FX2LP device corresponds to the USB-Serial MFG mode which is specific to USB Serial Devices. This is the reason there was a driver update as those updates are pushed only to USB-Serial Devices.

Please refer to the .inf file in the driver package which lists the VID and PID and the corresponding enumeration names.

pastedImage_1.png

Please use different VID and PID which corresponds to FX2LP such as PID -1004.

Refer to the below snippet.

pastedImage_5.png

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Yatheesh,

Thank you for your response.  I rewrote the firmware for the device utilizing VID 04B4 and PID 1004 as you recommended.  The device is now seen in the Device Manager as Cypress FX2LP Sample Device.  When I first made the change I checked the Driver Revision and it was 1.2.3.20.  I ran Windows Update and is Updated to 1.2.3.23.  So there is no change.  Do you have any other ideas that would make the driver stay at the recommended 1.2.3.20?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please check if the device is enumerating with the new PID - 1004.

If yes, once the device gets bounded to the version 1.2.3.23 go to the device manager right click on the device and select uninstall device and check the box that says "delete the driver software from the device" and click on uninstall.

Reset the device and check if you facing the same problem.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh!

I deleted the device and drivers as you suggested.  I reset the device and the device comes up with device driver 1.2.3.20..

pastedImage_0.png

I checked the device to make sure it worked and it did so I went to Windows Update and manually caused Windows to Update so that it wouldn't take so long before it updated.  This is the screen of what updates will be done.

pastedImage_1.png

As you can see it will download Cypress-USB-11/12/2108 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.3.23.  Once it completes the driver is back at v 1.2.3.23.  This occurs for the VID/PID 04B4/00FA and 04B4/1004.  If v1.2.3.23 is the correct driver then I am golden.  If not, why is windows changing from the correct version to 1.2.3.23?

pastedImage_2.png

Also note that when I open the driver details in v 1.2.3.23, it shows the sys file to be at v1.2.3.20, see below.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes

Hello Chris,

The update is expected to happen for USB-Serial Devices which has a PID of 00FA. Please refer to Microsoft Update catalog.

The driver version 1.2.3.20 shown in snippet 3 is the version of .sys file, the driver binaries were not changed after the 1.2.3.20 version.

cyusb3 driver version 1.2.3.23 is fine as it has the same functionality as that of version 1.2.3.20.

Please do uninstall the 1.2.3.23 version driver and perform  automatic driver update from the device manager when the FX2LP has enumerated with PID 1004.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes